Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stevie G

Quote Originally Posted by jamesugw View Post
    really hope I'm wrong but Gerrard being the next manager, at anytime, concerns me. Can see it being Souness Mk. 2
    If it were to happen ..this would be my scenario.
    When ready..Klopp Gives 2 years Notice... SG is announced as the man taking over at the appointed Time...but spends that two years as Klopps understudy...

So he takes over a well oilled machine that he understands...instead of building a new engine

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    If it were to happen ..this would be my scenario.
    When ready..Klopp Gives 2 years Notice... SG is announced as the man taking over at the appointed Time...but spends that two years as Klopps understudy...

So he takes over a well oilled machine that he understands...instead of building a new engine
    Swapping Klopp for Gerrard would be like trading in a BMW for a Lada.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Swapping Klopp for Gerrard would be like trading in a BMW for a Lada.
    I don't know what's worse. Comparing Jurgen with a BMW or Stevie with a Lada.
    Both are alot better .
    Maybe a Aston Martin with a BMW would've been closer !!

The type of players Klopp is able to attract are of a higher calibre than anything Gerrard could bring here. We all know managing in a 2 team league is nothing like the premier league. Souness is a prime example of that. I wouldn't want Gerrard anywhere near the manager's job, not for a long while.
    Last edited by skyebo; 12th March 2021 at 07:23 PM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

There was probably a time in Klopp's early managerial career where we'd have thought he wasn't good enough for us. Klopp's eventual successor is out there somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    There was probably a time in Klopp's early managerial career where we'd have thought he wasn't good enough for us. Klopp's eventual successor is out there somewhere!
    That's the reason i am against him succeeeding Klopp, much too inexperienced to take over a club as big as ours.

The type of players Klopp is able to attract are of a higher calibre than anything Gerrard could bring here. We all know managing in a 2 team league is nothing like the premier league. Souness is a prime example of that. I wouldn't want Gerrard anywhere near the manager's job, not for a long while.
    I don't want anyone else other than Jurgen, Though like Lampard at Chelsea, if it was offered I doubt he would turn it down.
    Jurgen hasn't really bought huge names, just the right names.

Don't know if this has been posted before, it quite a good read https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56298826

Swapping Klopp for Gerrard would be like trading in a Ferrari F40 for an NSU.
    Agreed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSU_Quickly#:~:text=The%20NSU%20Quickly%20was%20a, Quicklys%20were%20built%20and%20sold.
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 16th March 2021 at 10:30 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Congratulations in a 2 team league .
    Where the other team has fallen apart.

However his real in Europe has done well too.

Possibly a couple of seasons in the championship with a team like Preston next.