Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stevie G

Congratulations on the lack of respect by so many for one of the best players to ever wear the shirt.

He has done a fantastic job at Ibrox - ok the league there is not the best but Rodgers who had a far easier job seems to be doing ok at the Foxes.

Nobody sane would want Gerrard to replace our Jurgen but he is no Lada and btw the F40 was a disaster of a car - amazing eye candy still and lightening quick in the right hands but a pile of crud on close inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Congratulations on the lack of respect by so many for one of the best players to ever wear the shirt.

He has done a fantastic job at Ibrox - ok the league there is not the best but Rodgers who had a far easier job seems to be doing ok at the Foxes.

Nobody sane would want Gerrard to replace our Jurgen but he is no Lada and btw the F40 was a disaster of a car - amazing eye candy still and lightening quick in the right hands but a pile of crud on close inspection.
    It’s amazing how many fans don’t seem to have a much time for stevie. I hope he proves himself worthy of eventually becoming our manager for when Jurgen leaves. He’s a long way to go yet but the early signs are that he has at least got something about him.

Despite them winning the league 5 years ago, Leicester's ambitions as a club have never been anywhere near ours, and never will be. If Gerrard ever come back, i will support him, like i do all the managers. I don't have favourites, i just support the team as a whole. It's not a lack of respect, it's called having an opinion, and as it's a forum that's what it's about.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Despite them winning the league 5 years ago, Leicester's ambitions as a club have never been anywhere near ours, and never will be. If Gerrard ever come back, i will support him, like i do all the managers. I don't have favourites, i just support the team as a whole. It's not a lack of respect, it's called having an opinion, and as it's a forum that's what it's about.
    This is a forum and we are all free to say what we like - all I can see that is specific from your opinion is that you think Gerrard is a Lada...?

I realisie you were trying to draw a comparison but in my humble opinion that isn't really fair.

This is a forum and we are all free to say what we like - all I can see that is specific from your opinion is that you think Gerrard is a Lada...?

I realisie you were trying to draw a comparison but in my humble opinion that isn't really fair.
    I may have used the wrong term, but my comparison was based on managerial experience. In terms of what they achieved as players, the reverse could be said.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I may have used the wrong term, but my comparison was based on managerial experience. In terms of what they achieved as players, the reverse could be said.
    I know mate and I do get where you were coming from - in terms of managerial experience and achievement Gerrard is a relative novice by comparison with Klopp, just couldn't sit well with the idea of Gerrard as a Lada..

ps. no offence to anyone who owns one

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    It’s amazing how many fans don’t seem to have a much time for stevie. I hope he proves himself worthy of eventually becoming our manager for when Jurgen leaves. He’s a long way to go yet but the early signs are that he has at least got something about him.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yhyp-_hX2s

Ha haaaaah only joking

I just don't want another Souness scenario, like to see him really prove himself in a job like ours in the Championship or another league, with limited finances, a poor squad to start with, about the 6th or 7th best team in the his league and on those limited finances and limited quality in what he has to work with, instill a way of playing and an incredible collective belief and get loads of results through him making the team greater than the sum of its parts

Winning a 2 horse race when the other horse fell at the fourth fence doesn't cut it for me
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Plus he did inherit a very good squad of players including several highly talented young players from their academy and this season, even though none of his players are those I would consider top players, he has a big squad of players that are all only a tier below top level, so very high quality, a squad that can cope with injuries and some rotation, because he has so many players who are just below top level

This season's a war of attrition and he has everything he needs this season to perform well in a war of attrition, same with Moyes at West Ham, Ole at the Filthy, Tuchel at Chelsea and very obviously Pep at City

City have been better this season, changed a lot to add several elements of our game to theirs, BUT, they have been playing with mostly a full squad of top class players, they've had continuity, all their squad are used to operating certain ways and can just slip into a position without it making a difference to them, so he can rest 3 or 4 and it not affect their performances and every team they are playing against are well below their levels of last season

The only true barometer of Pep's new look CIty, Ole's filthy, Brenny Bullshitters Leicester and the rest is going to be next season if it is a normal one, then and only then will we see where they truly are
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

What is this car comparison?
    A Lada is an ok motor and goes the distance.
    Many proud owners would say so!

I know it/they are designed to cause ire and to get people tuning/phoning/texting in, but the likes of Adrian Durham on TalkS**t really are uttering even more s*** than usual these days.

They have been creaming themselves over Man City and the possibility of them winning 'the quadruple' (which they think will be the best ever achievement, whilst simultaneous not mentioning things such as the size and cost of their squad), and right now that twadge Adrian Durham is saying that Foden is the best English prospect since Bobby Moore, and is better (namely because of what he's won with Man City - to which Darren Gough, who himself usually talks a load of s*** reminded Durham that it's a team game) than the likes of Gerrard and Owen.

Can somebody please create a 'sensible' sports radio/TV show. One where they talk sense and base their views on facts, logic and common sense, rather than on a load of hyperbolic, agenda driven s***.