Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Joachim Low to leave German national team after euros in 2021

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I trust them to be too tight to want to pay him off if it came to it!
    True, and who else would work as good with such a tight budget

Rodgers? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    True, and who else would work as good with such a tight budget

Rodgers? lol.
    There is no logical next step if he leaves/gets sacked. Full scale back to square 1 rebuild job probably along the lines of what united are enduring with multiple managers going through the door. Only difference being our lack of significant investment.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Klopp: "I will not be available as a potential coach for the German team. I have three years left at LFC don't I? It's simple. You sign a contract and you stick to that contract. I stuck to contracts at Mainz and Dortmund."
    In other completely unrelated news, a huge massive sigh of relief was heard to emanate from somewhere in the environs of greater Glasgow - which, coincidentally followed an earlier barrage of banging sounds like as if a group of people were banging their heads against the wall.

Klopp should now have a proper sit-down with the FSG folks (virtual Zoom or whatever) and sort out exactly what's going to take place this summer, as this is bound to be the most important transfer window of the club during his entire era here.

Screw it up (again), and we could be looking at a long time in the wilderness again.
    I'm going to look at the lack of European Football next season (assuming we remain roughly were we are in the table now or thereabouts, and also don't somehow magically pick up our form for the Champion's League games this year) as a bit of an opportunity to get our shite together next season and launch a single-minded focused assault on winning back our title.

And it starts with shipping out the deadwood and dross in the squad right now, and getting a head-start on any summer targets. Klopp's going to have to work his magic overtime convincing world class players to come play for us knowing they likely won't get Champion's League football next season. But people know his quality, so I'm hoping that'll be enough in our favour to get some deals over the line. (just the mere fact that his name is number one on most people's lips to take over as German national team manager after the season we've just had speaks to that, I think).

It'll be a massive consequential summer coming up for our team.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Jurgen confirmed in his press conference he will not be available this summer should the German FA seek to appoint him as their next national team coach

I don't see any lack of effort from any of our lads whatsoever, I see a lot of the automation and natural and quick positioning and movement from numerous triggers through consistency of selection and formation having diminished, largely through the season long absence of the ability to have any form of consistency of selection and the absence of a couple of 2 or 3 keys players that were a huge part of that automation.t

These things not being in place and the lack of automation actually means our lads are doing more running and each game is more draining and fatiguing and the ability to play with the same intensity is well below the levels of the last 2 seasons, as the ability to play with that intensity is reliant on the continuity of selection and automation of natural and quick positioning and movement through players knowing exactly where another player would be or be arriving at any point in any game.

Of course we're going to lack the same intensity, it is not in any way shape of form a lack of effort or application, the press and counter press is a huge part of what makes this team so incredible and successful, if one player is not where others would expect him to be in any given situation, the next player can't take his position off him and third off the second player, and the runners can't make their movement off those 3 players positions, or position themselves to do so and the combination of all those things is what gave us and gives us our intensity
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

No idea who will replace him..

Southampton manager
    Or the one that was at huddersfield
    The one at Leipzig good too.

They may get more money to go there or maybe a drop in salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Jurgen confirmed in his press conference he will not be available this summer should the German FA seek to appoint him as their next national team coach

I don't see any lack of effort from any of our lads whatsoever, I see a lot of the automation and natural and quick positioning and movement from numerous triggers through consistency of selection and formation having diminished, largely through the season long absence of the ability to have any form of consistency of selection and the absence of a couple of 2 or 3 keys players that were a huge part of that automation.t

These things not being in place and the lack of automation actually means our lads are doing more running and each game is more draining and fatiguing and the ability to play with the same intensity is well below the levels of the last 2 seasons, as the ability to play with that intensity is reliant on the continuity of selection and automation of natural and quick positioning and movement through players knowing exactly where another player would be or be arriving at any point in any game.

Of course we're going to lack the same intensity, it is not in any way shape of form a lack of effort or application, the press and counter press is a huge part of what makes this team so incredible and successful, if one player is not where others would expect him to be in any given situation, the next player can't take his position off him and third off the second player, and the runners can't make their movement off those 3 players positions, or position themselves to do so and the combination of all those things is what gave us and gives us our intensity
    It is so depressing to watch us

Because teams just park the bus.
    And wait for a counter attack
    Or set piece.

The trouble is the goals have dried up.
    Nothing is wrong defensively.
    1st part of season off top of my head 12 or 13 games 30+ goals. 12 against
    2nd part 11 goals . 12 against.

Look up the exact stats . Thanks

If Jurgen can win us another title in the remaining 3 years of his contract.. that would be outstanding..We just need to build up momentum again.. Like we did over the last 3 years.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    If Jurgen can win us another title in the remaining 3 years of his contract.. that would be outstanding..We just need to build up momentum again.. Like we did over the last 3 years.
    I'm certain he can, FSG need to back him to add more quality and strength in depth in the summer, i'm still absolutely raging they refused to break their fucking moneyball model and go all out to bring in a top commanding CB for him as soon as the January window opened, we were top at Christmas ffs, sometimes there are exceptions that have to be made and this was one of them

The Gini thing's pissing me off too, we already need another cm this summer if they let Gini go we need 2
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”