Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 141718192021222324

Thread: Liverpool v RB Leipzig (CL Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    We still need a monster up front and a monster at the back
    Prioritise the front at all costs. Despite the number of losses this season we rarely get blown away.

Also if we rediscovered the wonder that is scoring first, you inevitably get more chances to counter, which we are still naturally better at than the patient/probing approach.

"Dortmund" footie still suits us more than "Barca" footie.

Just to add (I know it's a weird thing to care about, but hey ho) we are now up to 9th on the co-efficient, despite the lack of any points from the 16/17 season - we weren't in Europe at all that year due to our loss in the 15/16 Europa League Final coupled with a low-placed League finish that season.

We will be rid of that "dead" season next year (at long last) so if we manage to be in Europe at all next season we will add to the 99 points we have and our seeding should get better, which generally helps when it comes to escaping from the Group stages of tournaments - guarantees nothing but facing weaker sides early doors should (in theory) allow for more rotation.

In the event that we miss out on Champion's League footie (fairly probable, we have to win No. 7 really and that's a million miles off a formality) we would do well to have a decent run in the Europa - could Honestly field a heavily rotated side in a few group matches and maybe even one of the knockout rounds if we were fortunate with the draw and help to maintain our ranking for future seedings and so on.

It's not a massive thing to constantly think about/be conscious of but it's one of those little percentage gains that add up for your club's long-term future.

Don't worry Sid Ooh ooh seeeveeeen is on its way

Our league form's been poor, the bitters and a Moyes side are ahead of us in the race for top four and the final's in Istanbul, things are stacking up
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

But there was something about a new pope and a royal wedding wasn't there?

It was just brilliant to see us look and play like Liverpool, really enjoyed Fab being back in the middle, I had a few 'oh no' 'moments' in the first half for reasons I've stated frequently, but in the second half, LCM or RCM were coming into the No6 position when Fab went hunting ahead of them and that was great, that's all I wanted to see
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    And a new Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Indeed. Omens are fun (no. 7, King's number, King's 70th, Messi and Ronaldo both absent from quarters for first time since '05, Moyes ahead of us in League table, final in Istanbul) but they're just that - a bit of fun - no point paying too much need really.

Yes they had to put the National back in 2005 because Camilla was one of the runners.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.