Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Wolves

Your team v Wolves

Feels good to win doesn't it?

Do you start to try to play the XI you want to put out in the quarters or do you prioritise rotation?

........................Alisson

Trent........Phillips......Kabak...Robertson

.......................Fabinho

................Thiago..........Jones

.....Salah...........Jota........Mane

Think Wolves will "sit in" a lot and want Gini to rest at some point so have gone with this. Tempted to give Keita the first 45-60 of a match as well. What a joy it was to see Fab in midfield again.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Same team for me, same set up, deeper line, Fab as more of an out and out DM, LCM or RCM covering the No6 position when he goes high pressing, him not going charging to make challenges he can't make if LCM and RCM are both ahead of him and we're back in business.

Keep looking forward, always focus only on the next game, take everything we did brilliantly in each game and look to improve on that and what we didn't do as well as we might have liked and improve on that and take that into each next game

There is no need for us to go gung ho, high press so early in search of early goals, leaving ourselves as open as we did in too many games this season when well understrength, we have 95 minutes to win each next game, play and feel our way in as we did in this one and don't make it easy for the opposition

And NEVER EVER forget our quality and incredible levels of ability and who we play for and what a difference what we do can make to their, day, their week, their lives and the lift it can give them, respond calmly to any set backs with the vehement belief we have the ability to overcome them, because we have so many times before and have all the ability and quality we need to

Alisson

Trent Phillips Kabak Robertson
    Fabinho
    Thiago_______Wijnaldum

Salah Jota Mane

PS Sid, we don't play again until Monday evening and after that we have 2 weeks off
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    PS Sid, we don't play again until Monday evening and after that we have 2 weeks off
    Oh totally - haven't looked deep into the Covid restrictions but assuming Gini plays for Holland soon. The likes of him and Robertson are ones I just want to give that one match off at some stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Oh totally - haven't looked deep into the Covid restrictions but assuming Gini plays for Holland soon. The likes of him and Robertson are ones I just want to give that one match off at some stage.
    We're no releasing anyone for international games that would require them to be quarantined is all I know
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Robbo is desperate. He defended ok but the number of times he missed an easy 10 yard ball at the other end of the pitch was just embarrassing

Definitely think Robertson needs a break. Doesnt look anywhere near his level but I do think he was better last night than in previous games. I'd be tempted to leave Gini in, I'd want that midfield to play again to get another game together before the break.
    Really hoping the performance breeds some confidence more than anything else but also aware of the fact that we got the result against them a few weeks back and were terrible in the following league games. That performance last night though was far and away our best this year upto now and I think you could see on their faces how happy and pleased they were with it.

Agreed - first game v RB we were fortunate, they could have scored and we created virtually nothing but benefitted from 2 gifts.

Last night - different gravy. It was back to the chance generation we saw a few years ago. We missed a hatful - especially first half but created so much. Direct play from Jota makes a huge difference and affords Salah and Mané far more space.

The midfield, well they were of a different quality altogether.

For Wolves - same team again

If anyone deserves a break it's Robbo he's been running up that wing for the past 3 years non stop.

Yep he does. His game is 100% based on high energy total commitment, not humanly possible to keep those levels up without significant rest periods.

Does Klopp believe Tsimikas is up to it though?

Same team. Tsimikas can cone of the bench if we clear. Agree Robertson needs resting but would do it may be a week or 3 from now. Another win this weekend will be a massive boost. We need to win so know resting players except Bobby Firmino he can rest 2 seasons.