Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Weekend’s Other Games 13/03/21

Utd 1-0 West Ham
    Dawson og

Some terrible decisions from the officials again tonight. Clean tackle and West Ham are breaking on the Utd back four, ref stops them in their tracks for blowing up for another non existent foul.
    Garbage

F/T Utd 1-0 West Ham

Four of the six teams we are chasing (forget City) dropped points this weekend, a genuine opportunity for us to make ground by taking our Champions League form to Molineux tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Anything is still possible.

if we want to have a chance, we need to beat Wolves then arsenal.
    We have 10 games left. Honestly think (given we are slightly behind) we would need to be winning 8 of those - it's an enormous ask.

Let's hope we can beat Wolves - would be lovely to get a foot on the first rung of the Ladder after the Leipzig game - especially now we are getting players back from injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We have 10 games left. Honestly think (given we are slightly behind) we would need to be winning 8 of those - it's an enormous ask.

Let's hope we can beat Wolves - would be lovely to get a foot on the first rung of the Ladder after the Leipzig game - especially now we are getting players back from injury.
    We ain’t getting top 4 we can’t score let alone win.

Our best hope is to finish 5th as all the others around us aren’t that good but obviously winning more than we are lately.

I think we are better off out of the EL for next season others not agree.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    We ain’t getting top 4 we can’t score let alone win.

I think we are better off out of the EL for next season others not agree.
    For the record I'm inclined to agree - I give us about a 5% chance of doing it, so don't have strong genuine hopes. I do think 8 wins would probably sneak it, but as you allude to, getting those wins looks.....difficult.

As for the Europa - I'd rather be there, but can respect the opinion of others. Plenty of targets out there who are on the verge of big things that would love ANY European football (don't see Sevilla taking Europa for granted) and it means we don't have to massively reduce the squad size only to have to increase it again should we re-qualify for the Champion's League 22/23 season. Plus the co-efficient always needs maintenance, even if it isn't the end of the World.

Top 4 is all but gone. All eggs have to go into the CL basket.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Top 4 is all but gone. All eggs have to go into the CL basket.
    Stop being so kevative

it's not over till the fat lady sings!

only 5 pts behind chelsea if we win game in hand, and in grand scheme of things, that's nothing this season can easily change.

Obviously we need to turn it around and play like we can, not like complete shite but yeah

probably more likely to draw v wolves and lose v arsenal..... BUT it's still possible for now, it's not that unrealistic!
    Last edited by Kev0909; 15th March 2021 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Stop being so kevative

it's not over till the fat lady sings!

only 5 pts behind chelsea if we win game in hand, and in grand scheme of things, that's nothing this season can easily change.

Obviously we need to turn it around and play like we can, not like complete shite but yeah

probably more likely to draw v wolves and lose v arsenal..... BUT it's still possible for now, it's not that unrealistic!
    I thought I was being Posikev. Just think going for 8 or 9 wins out of 10 in the Premier is tougher than winning 2 - 2 leg ties v European opposition and a final. 5 games and we are Champions and in next seasons CL. Vs 8/9 games- win them all and still quite probably not in the top 4.

It's a tough one - but going for both could likely mean nowt - we have no genuine senior CB's.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I thought I was being Posikev. Just think going for 8 or 9 wins out of 10 in the Premier is tougher than winning 2 - 2 leg ties v European opposition and a final. 5 games and we are Champions and in next seasons CL. Vs 8/9 games- win them all and still quite probably not in the top 4.

It's a tough one - but going for both could likely mean nowt - we have no genuine senior CB's.
    last bit is exactly what i'm thinking, still more likely to get 4th than win the champions league coming up against some of europeans best attackers without... first choice cb's