Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2629303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Wolves v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Id sign Kabak and another CB.

As harsh as it sounds Matip will have to go.
    Think selling players in the "new" market will be trickier. Clubs will have less to spend, so will want more "safe bets" rather than taking risks on injury-prone players. Also don't think we'll see £15m for Ibe type situations as much either.

Think a few will be hard to move on. Also think overall price for players will drop 20-25% or so.

What was the biggest European transfer in January does anyone know? Doubt it was a big fee.

Still - very solid base to start from - it's hardly the 14/15 or 15/16 side.

Don’t think Thiago will be right in the Prem til next season, he’s admitted (as many do) it’s been a bit of a shock to him.

Europe is different, I expect him at Leipzig level every game in Europe, no shock there.

The shit stuff that goes around about Salah and Mane not getting a long.. Who knows if thats true or not. But they are both now trying to help each other and its effecting their natural ability..Thats why next season i would split them up more.. or try and solve the issues of them trying to compensate..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Not saying Henderson is shit btw just the midfield could be a lot better in general, I think klopp and the rest of us hoped thiago would be that player, still could be needs time, still think he'll turn out good.

Do feel we need that matchwinner from midfield though, we don't have many... and noone on the bench really...

So when the front 3 aren't firing like this season, this is what happens i believe salah is still top scorer though which says alot about the others.

I thought maybe the problem was just with Firmino but it's the midfield too.
    Thiago isn't that player, he could be exceptional if we sign someone like Fabian Ruiz who can play the passes Thiago does, but scores goals, assists directly, plays great switches, great crosser, great free kick taker and can do it from anywhere on the pitch having been used LCM DM CM RCM LFWD No10 RFWD throughout his career, THAT is the kind of quality and experience we need to add

Get Neto in too and another commanding CB and we're laughing, think with Neto and Jota and their movement it would bring Thiago to life

One issue with Thiago is our players don't make the kind of runs and movement for him to play his kind of passes, maybe Jota can have a look at Muller's movement for him to find him during our 3 week break, most of the balls he plays best were to Muller because of his movement to be found by him knowing he can find him. I thought he'd come to life when Jota came back in to be honest
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 16th March 2021 at 12:37 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Still, we've got 3 weeks off now to work on everything, don't think we'll get the full repetoir of automation back this season, probably need a proper pre-season for that, but we can at least work on some automation and triggers to make their runs when certain balls are played to certain players and work on a few of those to mix it up and employ against different sides

No7 and top four finish here we come

2 wins in a row
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Yep just feel we need someone...

Chelsea have mount/ziyech to a lesser extent
    City have Foden/kdb/gundog
    Utd Fernandes/pombal
    Leicester maddison
    Even arsenal have odegaard
    Spurs have Ali (if mourinho didn't play such shit football they'd have options too)

We have Keita and ox jones as our "forward midfielders" ..

All them midfielders may have missed some too, can win games can you say that about any of ours if we need a goal??

Even everton have a couple like James ( on phone doesn't let me edit without deleting) for some reason.. but you get the picture

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Who got bummed (although fouled in my opinion) for West Brom's equaliser?

Who made a stupid foul for Burnley to win 1-0 (Hendo not playing)
    I know but you have to be fair - can’t call a calendar year in March and ignore December 27th and 30th v West Brom and Newcastle - we were dire.

Hendo has played out of his skin but he can’t take the pace forever and like Robbo the form crashes.

You need to bring in players to challenge them and add better quality of you want to have longevity at the top

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Not saying Henderson is shit btw just the midfield could be a lot better in general, I think klopp and the rest of us hoped thiago would be that player, still could be needs time, still think he'll turn out good.

Do feel we need that matchwinner from midfield though, we don't have many... and noone on the bench really...

So when the front 3 aren't firing like this season, this is what happens i believe salah is still top scorer though which says alot about the others.

I thought maybe the problem was just with Firmino but it's the midfield too.
    Agree with you on this. As an overall bunch it just needs more quality from an attacking aspect.
    Our attacking prowess has become completely sterile in comparison to last season, we just look a world away from it.
    It will not and simply cant be a case of "as was" once VvD comes back. There needs to be something different going forward.