Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283132333435363738

Thread: Wolves v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    5? Sure we needed them this season, but this season is a total freak.

How many sides have 5cbs?
    We have three coming off very long injuries its wise to take no risks next season.

City United Chelsea all have 5.

VVD MATIP GOMEZ KABAK PHILLIPS that is enough but if possible Matip to go and another CB comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    They worked it out between themselves last season that culminated in a run of P15 W15 and then Jurgen changed that and that is where a lot of our issues that have followed on into this season started, this season it was compounded by Jurgen changing things even more, trying to play through teams and breaking down almost all the automation the players had developed themselves and playing several key players out of form in the process

Yes we've had shocking injuries, but blaming the players who absolutely did work things out themselves for changes enforced on them that have been catastrophic to our form is a new low on here
    Well if those players were clever enough to change things around last season, they should have carried on doing it this season too, maybe that way, we wouldn't be losing 9 league games, dropping points to teams near the bottom and struggling to make top 4.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    We have three coming off very long injuries its wise to take no risks next season.

VVD MATIP GOMEZ KABAK PHILLIPS that is enough but if possible Matip to go and another CB comes in.
    I'll rephrase - none of them have more than 4 senior CBs.

We definitely need another one to replace Matip if he's never going to be fit.

I'd rather us go and get another forward.

Under normal situations, 4 CB's should be enough. 2 first choice and 2 stand in's. If you have too many, some of them wouldn't even make the bench and end up getting loaned out or sold. We have been unlucky in that department this season, but that's an exception rather than the norm.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I'll rephrase - none of them have more than 4 senior CBs.

We definitely need another one to replace Matip if he's never going to be fit.

I'd rather us go and get another forward.
    Utd - Slabhead Bailly Jones Lindlof Tuanzebe
    City - Dias Stones Laporte Ake Garcia
    Chelsea - Silva Rudiger Zouma Christensen Azpilicueta
    Spurs - Sanchez Alderweireld Dier Rodon Tanganga

You are right they have four main CBs but last name on each team is the 5th choice mainly young players on cheap wages this is where Phillips comes in.

We will sign a CB and Forward mate that is a given.

If Kabak carries on his form we will get him no question if he is like this at 20 he could be a real beast in 2-3 years time.

Forward is anyones guess !

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

I'd keep Phillips, he can play all the cup games and gives us another homegrown player

Kabak's starting to look good, but honestly, we need another commanding CB who can do all the things Matip does, including his prowess at set pieces at either end, we were brilliant at set pieces with just Virgil in the mix last season, even better with Virgil and Matip playing, not just in them scoring directly, but in the presence of 2 powerful players so capable of scoring directly to occupy several opposition defenders and leave space for others to be found after analysing how the opposition were defending our set pieces in the first half of games.

We need another commanding CB who is:
    Great in the air and dominant in either box
    Great one v one and in his reading of the game and positioning
    Great at stepping into midfield to dispossess opposition players for transition the press and counter press has left free
    Great at stepping into midfield with the ball and driving forward forcing PTB teams players to come out of their low block to come and defend him
    Great at playing longer forward balls over opposition defences and long diagonals to pick out our forwards
    Has decent pace, Matip quick is quick enough if the player has these other abilities

Both Virgil and Matip are brilliant at all of this and all of this is what we need in our next new commanding CB, none of the others, including Gomez are good enough, have enough of all these qualities and none of them ever will be

Look at our set pieces this season since Virgil and Matip have both been out, absolutely pathetic return and no threat whatsoever, we can't have just one CB we can usually rely on to be fit who makes us lethal at them, this season has demonstrated that beyond any doubt whatsoever
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Overall, v Wolves, Mane was our best forward by a mile, he got a hell of a lot of unfair and undue criticism on the match thread, he's been treated like absolute shite by Jurgen in pissing about with his position and the support he gets from other players, so I personally wouldn't blame him being pissed off, but he puts everything into every game

The one thing I will admit is, I think there is a rift between him and Mo, six of Mo's 17 goals have come through penalties Mane has won, Mo's only scored 4 more than Mane from open play and in most games, well prior to Jurgen fucking Mane about, but quite a few after he was fucked about too, Mane looks more likely to score from open play or create a chance to score, yet he's the one who's had his position and support fucked about with

Mane seems not to want to go to ground when he's fouled and could get a penalty for Mo to convert and he has to cut that out and win those penalties
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”