Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Arsenal

I bet most people on here disagree with you Nineteenx.. Curtis Jones was doing well for parts of this season.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I think Curtis was/is getting too much praise considering he's not done too much other than the odd glimpse of promise here and there. In the main, when he has played his end product has been lacking. People should wait till a player starts putting in good/productive performances over a sustained period of time before hailing them as the next big thing.

Before you go onto a long message with several paragraphs. which you've probably saved half of already Nineteenx to back yourself up dont bother..

For me Curtis Jones is a decent player.. To be a world class player like we need . he needs to have more end product and he knows it has well. since hes only 20/. He has time on his hands.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Still better than milner over 90 you'd have to say nowadays, but I think maybe we're giving the respect arsenal deserve lately, and gone a bit more defensive minded in mid / workhorsey..

maybe why Firmino is starting too..

Arsenal on paper look a real attacking threat. We need to be sharp up front today coz I don’t see us keeping a clean sheet today, think we’ll probably need to score 3 to win today.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Arsenal on paper look a real attacking threat. We need to be sharp up front today coz I don’t see us keeping a clean sheet today, think we’ll probably need to score 3 to win today.
    Does that really look likely given the form of our front three, no Jota on the pitch, and THAT midfield?

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    I think Curtis was/is getting too much praise considering he's not done too much other than the odd glimpse of promise here and there. In the main, when he has played his end product has been lacking. People should wait till a player starts putting in good/productive performances over a sustained period of time before hailing them as the next big thing.
    Exactly Noods, there are many many better young talents in the Prem than Jones, who have all produced more as well
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I expect to see some obviously worked on plans and a lot more automation tonight, we've had a lot of the players together for 2 weeks to work on things for the run of games left
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I think it is entirely apparent Jota and Gini are being saved for the Champions League, I expect they'll play some part tonight
    Jota trained alone yesterday apparently so managing him.

Gini played all three for Holland and has pretty much played all season for us I can see why he was left out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Exactly Noods, there are many many better young talents in the Prem than Jones, who have all produced more as well
    He is only in his first real season with us and when he has played he hasn’t looked out of his depth at all.

I will tell you now there isn’t many better young players than him in England you will see over time.

Our midfield also aren’t set up with a number 10 either so he does a job for the team, works hard and keeps the ball well.