Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Business end - those challenging for Top Four + fixtures.

Business end - those challenging for Top Four + fixtures.

Quite a few sides are gunning for Top Four, ourselves included. One could say it's not going to happen for us and they're probably right, given our situation - but until it's mathematically done, we don't stop trying.

justme requested a list of remaining fixtures for those going for Top Four (minus Man City) so I'll knock that up here - will highlight in bold the fixtures in which sides in the top 10 play each other (including City, who will take points off teams), thus allowing for dropped points - despite some having better chances than others, all are in with a chance, right down to (currently) 10th-placed Arsenal. Will also include bonus info about the Cup fixtures of the teams.

MAN UNITED

Brighton
    Tottenham
    Burnley
    Leeds
    Liverpool
    Aston Villa
    Leicester
    Fulham
    Wolves

*also have an FA Cup quarter v Leicester and a second leg of Round 16 of the Europa v AC Milan*

LEICESTER

Man City
    West Ham
    West Brom
    Crystal Palace
    Southampton
    Newcastle
    Man United
    Chelsea
    Tottenham

*also have an FA Cup quarter final versus Man United*

CHELSEA

West Brom
    Crystal Palace
    Brighton
    West Ham
    Fulham
    Man City
    Arsenal
    Leicester
    Aston Villa

*also have an FA Cup quarter-final versus Sheffield United and a second leg of Round 16 of the Champion's League v Atletico Madrid*

WEST HAM

Arsenal
    Wolves
    Leicester
    Newcastle
    Chelsea
    Burnley
    Everton
    Brighton
    West Brom
    Southampton

LIVERPOOL

Arsenal
    Aston Villa
    Leeds
    Newcastle
    Man United
    Southampton
    West Brom
    Burnley
    Crystal Palace

*we're through to the quarter-finals of the Champion's League*

EVERTON

Crystal Palace
    Brighton
    Tottenham
    Arsenal
    Aston Villa
    West Ham
    Sheffield United
    Wolves
    Man City

*also have an FA Cup quarter-final versus Man City

TOTTENHAM

Aston Villa
    Newcastle
    Man United
    Everton
    Sheffield United
    Leeds
    Wolves
    Aston Villa
    Leicester

*also have a League Cup Final versus Man City and a second leg of Round 16 of the Europa League v Dinamo Zagreb*

Aston Villa

Tottenham
    Fulham
    Liverpool
    Man City
    West Brom
    Everton
    Man United
    Crystal Palace
    Tottenham
    Chelsea

Arsenal

West Ham
    Liverpool
    Sheffield United
    Fulham
    Everton
    Newcastle
    West Brom
    Chelsea
    Crystal Palace
    Brighton

*also have a second leg of Round 16 of the Europa League v Olympiacos*

HOW MANY "TOUGH" LEAGUE GAMES DOES EACH SIDE HAVE? - these are sides against others going for Fourth+Man City

Man United - 4 matches
    Leicester - 5 matches
    Chelsea - 5 matches
    West Ham - 4 matches
    Liverpool - 3 matches
    Everton - 5 matches
    Tottenham - 5 matches
    Aston Villa - 7 matches
    Arsenal - 4 matches

BONUS TABLE GUIDE FOR 4TH - as of 16/03/2021

Man United - 6 points clear - 29 played
    Leicester - 5 points clear - 29 played
    Chelsea - Fourth spot occupiers - 29 played
    West Ham - 3 behind Fourth, game in hand - 28 played
    Liverpool - 5 points behind Fourth - 29 played
    Everton - 5 points behind Fourth, game in hand - 28 played
    Tottenham - 6 points behind Fourth, game in hand - 28 played
    Aston Villa - 10 points behind Fourth, 2 games in hand - 27 played
    Arsenal - 10 points behind Fourth, game in hand - 28 played

Hopefully serves as a quick point of reference for folks.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Nice work Sid, but you really need to be/should be getting out a bit more.

Don't some of those dogs you look after need walking?

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Nice work Sid, but you really need to be/should be getting out a bit more.

Don't some of those dogs you look after need walking?
    T'was requested by a forum member and I was relaxed enough at the PC, prone to making lists for myself anyway so this was a breeze.

I don't Home-board the doggies - I walk them for people while they are out at work, picking up+dropping off, so my evenings are usually relatively stress-free. Have bird nestboxes to put up but tend to do that in daylight hours

Hoping to photograph a Sparrowhawk while at work tomorrow, fingers crossed.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    T'was requested by a forum member and I was relaxed enough at the PC, prone to making lists for myself anyway so this was a breeze.

I don't Home-board the doggies - I walk them for people while they are out at work, picking up+dropping off, so my evenings are usually relatively stress-free. Have bird nestboxes to put up but tend to do that in daylight hours

Hoping to photograph a Sparrowhawk while at work tomorrow, fingers crossed.
    Don't talk to me about lists. I have so many lists (that I never end up dealing with) that I have a list of lists.

Have you thought about getting your own dog? I'd love a cat or two, but I can't even take care of myself. Here's hoping a Sparrowhawk makes an appearance for you tomorrow.

If we finish top 4 then it'll be because we win the bulk of our matches.

We need to make up just over 0.5 point per game on West Ham and Chelsea, eg. WWD to their WDD

If we do manage that then it should be enough to see off Everton, Spurs and Villa who all have games in hand on us.

Some of our forwards would do well to study the Sparrowhawk - we need some killer instinct

If we bum all the other sides we play in our remaining games this season, we'll finish top four and win No7 is my prediction
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Some of our forwards would do well to study the Sparrowhawk - we need some killer instinct
    Sparrowhawks are successful in roughly 1 of every 10-30 hunts depending on the skill of the individual Bird so perhaps best modelling themselves after the African Wild Dog!

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post

Have you thought about getting your own dog? I'd love a cat or two, but I can't even take care of myself. Here's hoping a Sparrowhawk makes an appearance for you tomorrow.
    Thanks Noods! I see them regularly, but I want to see this particular female to see where she carries nesting material - I have a Raven pair and a Peregrine pair to watch this year, but a Sparrowhawk pair would be great. Saw a Hen Harrier last week for the first time in years, they're in real trouble, hope it breeds.

Already have a beautiful rescue dog. Got him in 2014 - got him from Dog's Trust, who got him from a pound that has a 2-week policy (or the dog gets "the needle") after him being there for 11 days.....

He is a mix of a Border Collie and a Golden Retriever. Basically I have a white and gold Collie that is Retriever-sized. He has a blue eye and a brown eye - hates dogs, loves people, insanely food-driven. Most loyal of companions. He's approximately 12 now based on Dog's Trust info - love him to bits, just have to enjoy him for as long as I can as he won't last forever. Absolute love Muffin.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    If we finish top 4 then it'll be because we win the bulk of our matches.

We need to make up just over 0.5 point per game on West Ham and Chelsea, eg. WWD to their WDD

If we do manage that then it should be enough to see off Everton, Spurs and Villa who all have games in hand on us.
    The hardest bit of that journey (if we think of Chelsea as the target) is the start - we have a couple of tricky games ahead, whilst Chelsea's look manageable - ground could be gained in their last few games but that's no help if we aren't within touching distance due to falling away at the very start of the mission.