Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Business end - those challenging for Top Four + fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Keita gets fit for internationals
    They play him x2 90mins
    His body breaks down
    Even if liverpool say to play with care.
    They dont listen.

Comes back injured 2 months to get fit again for country... so the cycle continues
    Keita can only play one game because the other is in the red zone

All the Brazilian lads will be with us still, and Salah and Mane

Jota, Gini, Kabak, Robbo, Trent, Shaq will be away, Robbo likely to be on the bench with Tierney playing at LB on current form
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Keita can only play one game because the other is in the red zone

All the Brazilian lads will be with us still, and Salah and Mane

Jota, Gini, Kabak, Robbo, Trent, Shaq will be away, Robbo likely to be on the bench with Tierney playing at LB on current form
    Let's hope TAA is on the bench too.
    And no stupid training ground injuries.

Gini is due an injury with all the football he has played.

Did a sparrowhawk present itself yesterday so that you could take its picture Sid?

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Did a sparrowhawk present itself yesterday so that you could take its picture Sid?
    Yes!

Lovely female who looks in great condition and well-fed. She alighted on the same patch of trees and started poking about for twigs. I got a few photos that I am super happy with, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Yes!

Lovely female who looks in great condition and well-fed. She alighted on the same patch of trees and started poking about for twigs. I got a few photos that I am super happy with, thank you!
    Nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Nice one!
    Have seen Hen Harriers (male and female) and Kestrels since - plus a Common Lizard (not easy to see despite the name) so am having a great time.

What a set of results today. From 10 behind Leicester and 5 behind Chelsea to 7 and 2 respectively.

It's a small step towards Champion's League qualification and we can easily fluff our lines, but that slight increase in our chances is oh so very welcome.

After 29 matches played, Leicester were 10 points clear of us.

After 31 matches played, we're just 4 points behind them.

After 29 played we were 5 points behind 4th.

After 31 played we're 3 points behind 4th, with a better goal difference to the side currently occupying that position - West Ham.

Chelsea still have both West Ham and Leicester to play. Every single point is going to count and we certainly still live in hope rather than expectation, but we are getting closer.

We've won 3 on the bounce, convincingly vs Arsenal, less so with the other two. If we can scrape a few wins in the upcoming fixtures (having the favourable run in) we should get in the top four.

Not only do we need to win most of, if not all of our remaining fixtures, but we also need Chelsea, West Ham, and possibly Leicester to drop points. The first of those things is going to be hard enough to achieve on its own, never mind the other teams I mentioned also giving us a helping hand.

We could still get into the top four, but I for one certainly wouldn't put a lot of money on that happening.

IF we win all our 7 games we will get into the top 4 simply on the facts West ham and Chelsea have to play each other..
    6 wins out of 7 should do it in my opinion.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century