Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Business end - those challenging for Top Four + fixtures.

It is about other teams, we are 6th and need others to drop points. I think we need to win every game to do it, something I cant see happening.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    It is about other teams, we are 6th and need others to drop points. I think we need to win every game to do it, something I cant see happening.
    That is going to happen as Chelsea have to play both West Ham and Leicester yet.

I think if we won 6 out of 7 we’d do it but I wouldn’t be putting a bet on us doing that.

If we didn’t make it I would like to see West Ham in the CL just for a laugh they would get destroyed and the media love em which will make it even better.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    That is going to happen as Chelsea have to play both West Ham and Leicester yet.

I think if we won 6 out of 7 we’d do it but I wouldn’t be putting a bet on us doing that.

If we didn’t make it I would like to see West Ham in the CL just for a laugh they would get destroyed and the media love em which will make it even better.
    Even with those three playing eachother we will still need them to drop points elsewhere. West Hams fixtures are favourable. Chelsea have the CL to think of now and I said on Sunday I think Leicester might bottle it but it would be very surprising to see them drop out. I think we are fighting for 4th with 2 others. It just seems a big ask and I definitely don't see us winning 4 or 5 of 7 let alone 6.

Even with those three playing eachother we will still need them to drop points elsewhere. West Hams fixtures are favourable. Chelsea have the CL to think of now and I said on Sunday I think Leicester might bottle it but it would be very surprising to see them drop out. I think we are fighting for 4th with 2 others. It just seems a big ask and I definitely don't see us winning 4 or 5 of 7 let alone 6.
    Oh I agree I’m not confident either mate I just think that it will be a lower points total than normal.

West Ham have Newcastle/Burnley away they won’t be easy games and the pressure will start to increase soon as the line gets closer.

If pushed I would say it will be Chelsea and Leicester in 3rd/4th but you never know.

Heavily reliant on other teams and likely need to win our remaining games.

With 5 to go we beat Southampton, 4 left now.

34 played and we have 57 points. Maximum we can get is 69 points.

Leicester have played 35 and are on 63 points.

There's a possibility that Leicester win one, draw one and lose one - putting them on 67 - while we win 3 and draw one - also putting us on 67. Leicester currently have the better goal difference, but a mere 2 goals separate us. It wouldn't surprise me if we see United "phone it in" against Leicester on the Tuesday as they'll know we're a longer threat long-term - I can certainly imagine large elements of the Man United fanbase hoping for a Leicester win in that match.

West Ham will fancy their chances big time - their fixtures look pretty kind.

Spurs are (probably) toast.

We need Everton to do us a favour today but as with City yesterday, the one time you actually want the fuckers to win, they don’t.

What happens If Chelsea and Man-united with their competitions. does 5th place get champions league?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    What happens If Chelsea and Man-united with their competitions. does 5th place get champions league?
    Only if one of them finishes outside top 4.

Ok thanks so looks like we will have to win remaining 4 and hope either Leicester or Chelsea drop enough points. they are playing each other with does help us a bit.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Ok thanks so looks like we will have to win remaining 4 and hope either Leicester or Chelsea drop enough points. they are playing each other with does help us a bit.
    I'll be rooting for Chelsea in that one.