Mateusz Musialowski is out to replicate his piece of brilliance for Liverpool U18s last weekend that went viral.
The 17-year-old received widespread attention after his stunning run and finish away at Newcastle United was viewed by thousands – bringing more than a hint of a smile to his face.
Musialowski recently netted a stoppage-time winner in the mini-derby win over Everton and carried on his excellent form with a brace during Tuesday’s FA Youth Cup third-round victory over Sutton United.
The attacking midfielder – who arrived at the Academy in the summer of 2020 from Poland – is beginning to find his feet under the tutelage of Marc Bridge-Wilkinson after a disrupted previous year due to injury and the COVID-19 pandemic.
Read on as Mateusz reflects on that goal at Newcastle and how he’s settling in at the Academy…
Mateusz Musialowski with an unbelievable goal for #LFCU18s at the weekend đź‘Źđź‘Ź https://t.co/EGCShBgQ9l
— LFC (Liverpool FC) 16th Mar 18:26
On his wonder goal at Newcastle United…
I just ran with the ball. When I see the space, I just go for it. I have seen a lot of Lionel Messi goals like that, so I try to be like him and I want to repeat it!
On Tuesday’s FA Youth Cup win over Sutton United…
It was a great night for us. It was a big game playing in the FA Youth Cup and I’m so pleased for Ethan [Ennis] to get his hat-trick as well. It was my first game in the FA Youth Cup, so it was a great experience playing under the lights.
90 Seconds: U18s 6-0 Sutton Utd - FA Youth Cup
On netting two goals in the 6-0 victory…
Tyler gave me a brilliant ball for my first, so it was his goal, to be fair. I just put the ball in the net. I like scoring goals, so to get two was a really good night for me. For my second, I never stop. I wanted to get the goal and that’s what I like to do when I’m on the pitch – scoring goals.
On how exciting a team it is to be a part of…
It’s great. I get a lot of the ball, so the staff and my teammates are helping me to play my game. So it’s really nice. I feel like I’m getting fitter and stronger now. I am working hard and want to improve.

More...