Thread: RIP Frank Worthington

RIP Frank Worthington

He said to Terry Butcher after that game "You'll have to watch this later on MOTD, seeing as you didn't see it at the time". Another great player taken too soon. He almost signed for us at one time, but failed the medical, he would have been a great signing. RIP.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Legendary player, I read his book a few years ago.

Strange how so many footballers get dementia.

@Skyebo, I've read the story of how he nearly signed for us. He would have been great. Might not have lasted long due to discipline mind but it would have been interesting. RIP Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    @Skyebo, I've read the story of how he nearly signed for us. He would have been great. Might not have lasted long due to discipline mind but it would have been interesting. RIP Frank.
    for them
    Tees. I can't remember if it was when he was at Huddersfield or Leicester. Yes he would have been good for us. If he was at Leicester, there's an irony surrounding that. John Toshack almost signed for them, but he too failed the medical.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.