Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: International Break

Maguire hes world class ya know

Interesting that commentary saying on the Maguire handball that if your hand is above your shoulder, it is a mandatory foul for handball under the laws of the game regardless of how close to the ball you are, hmmm, perhaps somebody should have told that to the ref in the CHelsea game (Kante)
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Slab-head has denied you that possibilty.
    I didn't expect them to, I just thought it would be hilarious if they did

Dixon:- "Southgate should be making some subs, even if just to inject some energy".

Dixon (a few seconds later):- "Southgate knows what he's doing".

No he doesn't. Slab-head looks to have spared Southgate's/England's blushes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Maguire hes world class ya know
    Loooooooooooooooooooooool nice one Kev, can't wait to see him against better opposition when they isolate top class very quick forwards one v one against him, he won't get away with how he persistently fouls those type of players in the Prem in the Euros

As I said earlier, England will do nothing under this manager, or with these players unless they manage to get tons of set pieces and penalties.

WHy are they bigging Poland up to try and make this dire England performance appear acceptable?

Scotland, with their limited quality and resources bum the Faroes, a better side than San Marino, 4-0

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Mourinho did a great job at Porto and has an excellent cv.

BUT outside of Porto he has always managed the team in the box seat for his title wins Chelsea (00's Man City) Madrid and Inter (Juve relegated).

Yes he won a title in his second spell at Chelsea but City were only just starting their project as they say Chelsea were 7-8 years in front.

Take a look at Mourinho at United/Spurs not the best squads but had been nowhere near a title.

He did have an excellent CL win with Inter to be fair but im not convinced he would have won a title here.
    When he won with Chelsea the 2nd time around, City's project was well under way, they had already won 2 titles.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Whether he plays for United or not, Maguire took his goal well, it could have gone anywhere.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.