Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1417181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: International Break

I just heard about another possible Southgate 'corker'.

Southgate on not making any subs last night:- "I looked at the bench and did think there was enough on it to make a difference".

It was YOU who picked that bench you clown!!!!

What a clown. Typical FA appointment

That should have said "I didn't think there was enough on the bench".

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    They signed about 24 players during that season, but only Drogba £34m and Carvalho £27m were what you would call expensive, the rest were either cheap, free or loans.
    Cech was signed as was the Portugal right back.

He still spent £150m there is no debate on that.

Take a look at him at Spurs that is likely to be how it played out with him as manager here ...not saying Rafa is better than him but he was very close to him.

He is a good manager no question but he isnt cleaning up with a £20m per summer net spend either.

You should watch one of his interviews if you have trouble sleeping. The perfect cure for insomnia.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Robben also joined that summer as did Tiago ok last one not great but cost £13m which in todays money is £25-30m for a sub.

Lets not pretend he worked miracles as he didnt as I have said he was what City are now no different two players for each position.

The bell-end 'journalist' that is Darren Lewis is currently bigging up England by saying how well the team were stroking the ball around against the mighty San Marino!

Some people get high profile jobs for all the wrong reasons, and despite possessing none of the attributes that 'should' matter. He has also just asked Gaizka Mendieta who he enjoys watching more, England or Spain!

What a clown!

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Robben also joined that summer as did Tiago ok last one not great but cost £13m which in todays money is £25-30m for a sub.

Lets not pretend he worked miracles as he didnt as I have said he was what City are now no different two players for each position.
    He didn't need to work miracles, he was brought in to win the club league titles, something they hadn't done for 50 years, and he achieved that. I don't like the man, but he's been a successful manager over the years and not just here. He won't do anything at Spurs though, partly because of lack of funds and partly because they aren't good enough.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    He didn't need to work miracles, he was brought in to win the club league titles, something they hadn't done for 50 years, and he achieved that. I don't like the man, but he's been a successful manager over the years and not just here. He won't do anything at Spurs though, partly because of lack of funds and partly because they aren't good enough.
    I agree and that last part of your statement was why Rafa didnt win it here either that is why I dont think he would have won it here.

We will never know but his history of upsetting people after 2 years at every club he has been at is why I believe this.

Anyone know what incident involving Curtis Jones was about? Was he racially abused?