Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: International Break

Apparently that clown Southgate has had 'conversations' with a number of players (possibly including TAA), telling them that they aren't in his plans for the Euros. According to idiot 'journalist' Simon Johnson (I think) and Adam Catterall (another know nothing TalkS**t presenter) that is great man management. Really?!?!? It's going to be fun and games if there is a spate of injuries and Southgate has to go crawling back to some of these players he has prematurely given the boot.

Well lets hope Southgate also has this chat with Hendo too.

Its hard for Trent to take but its great for us.

Noods you are spot on taking away my bias Trent is by far the best RB England have but its typical England.

Whats the betting Lingard will go over someone like Grealish/Maddison.

Well apparently Southgate is a big fan of Lingard, so I'd say that is more than a distinct possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Well apparently Southgate is a big fan of Lingard, so I'd say that is more than a distinct possibility.
    Let him do it as I said a while back international football is second rate in terms of teams and managers.

You only have to look at mr league one manager who has the U21 job he called it "the impossible job" as he has to let good players go to the senior teams, obviously no other country has done or thought of this !

The Owl, Allardyce and Southgate...what a trio. Says it all about Ingerland and the English FA.
    I have never been less interested in the fortunes of the national team.
    Lose every game for all I care.

There is zero buzz surrounding international teams and tournaments these days, particularly when it comes to England.

When I was 'younger' (we all were, but you know what I mean) there was a buzz about England playing, especially when the big tournaments rolled around, whether that was the 86, 90, 98 World Cups, or Euro 96. For quite a while now, other than 'hardcore' England fans, I think most people would rather focus on club football (something that was always levelled at/used as an excuse to attack us), and just see internationals as an unwanted interruption to it.

I really cannot be bothered with it these days, and anyone who knows me or has been on here for a while, knows that when it comes to supporting sportspeople that hail from our shores, the big thing for me is the Olympic Games. The main thing I like about the World Cup is seeing some of these other nations who we don't normally get to see, if they can upset some of the 'big boys', and any up and coming players who could be the next big thing.

What is good news , that a lot of players wont go to the Euros this summer.

What are the Brazilians doing?
    Africans ?

Only annoying thing is the Olympics.

Hopefully Gomez VVD TAA Hendo wont be going .

And finally a decent preseason rest and preparation.

Only Jota and Robbo ??

Best ever world cup has to be 1982.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    The Owl, Allardyce and Southgate...what a trio. Says it all about Ingerland and the English FA.
    I have never been less interested in the fortunes of the national team.
    Lose every game for all I care.
    Could be worse the fa coulda employed Steve McClaren... oops oh wait the did
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Thankyou Mr Southgate . Just what Trent needed!