Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: International Break

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    If I'm not mistaken I think a journo (maybe one of the Athletic lads) had said we had negotiated something with Guinea about his match time, so it will be interesting to see if he plays their next one.

Apparently Kabak had an excellent game against Holland - gave away a stoppage time pen when the match was already won, but otherwise allegedly excellent - did anyone here watch that match?
    Yeah this is true and Guinea have now qualified for African Nations so they dont need him.

I think the reason was the next Guinea game is against someone on the UK red zone so we are allowed I believe to request him back, but as you say best to have a adult conversation about first.

I must admit I have little time for international football and took a look on here fearing there was a new injury !

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Also hate completely pointless games like england v San Marino

Gives a chance for kane to get some easy goals and everyone say how hes the best english striker eveeeeeeeh

Yet fail to do it against anyone half-decent.
    That sounds like another well known ex England striker who has been 'recorded' as the greatest England striker ever, and he has even been hailed as such by some people. I however am certainly not one of those people.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    That sounds like another well known ex England striker who has been 'recorded' as the greatest England striker ever, and he has even been hailed as such by some people. I however am certainly not one of those people.
    Jimmy Greaves was that man!
    Edited post to add link
    https://www.football365.com/news/everybody-loves-jimmy-greaves-tottenham-chelsea-west-ham-england
    Worth the read and watch if you have time during this international break.
    Greavesy was truly amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    If I'm not mistaken I think a journo (maybe one of the Athletic lads) had said we had negotiated something with Guinea about his match time, so it will be interesting to see if he plays their next one.
    I'm quite sure Guinea's second game is in a red zone so Naby will be coming home anyway
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

England U21 0-1 Switzerland U21
    What is it with this England set up?? They started a midfield 4 of Aarons, Davies, Skipp and McNeil leaving Curtis Jones on the bench.

Absolutely no way are any of the midfielders who started better or more experienced than Jones, glad the fuckers lost.

A few times this week I've heard Phil Foden being described as "a generational talent". Am I missing something, or is he yet another young English player who is being seriously overhyped before they've actually done some 'noteworthy' things over a number of seasons for club and/or country?

Tsimikas doing a Keita and managing to climb off the LFC treatment table to play for his country.

I think Phil Foden is a seriously good player. If i had to pick one City player to come to Liverpool, it would be him.
    Is he playing for England tonight? I won't watch that game, it will be boring. I might have a look at Scotland Austria.
    Usually during the international break I just get stressed wondering if one of our squad is going to get injured. funny though i don't get that kind of stress when i am actually watching them play for Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Tsimikas doing a Keita and managing to climb off the LFC treatment table to play for his country.

Pretty sure the lack of fitness being cited by the club is more like a lack of quality and effort shown in training. Keita is almost always fit to play for Guinea.

I know plenty on here do but you would have to be a pretty gullible individual to accept anything issued by a football club as being truthful.

I don’t take what they say about transfers or injuries as anything other than managing expectation.

Can you imagine a manager saying - a or b has been a shithouse on the training pitch the last few months so he isn’t getting any game time?
    Last edited by Steveo; 25th March 2021 at 08:50 PM.

Just watching Scotland Austria. Funny that Scotland who have no good players for years suddenly have two of the best left backs in Europe. i think tonight Tierney is the one getting played in midfield, or kind of wing bakish.