Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: International Break

Just a point for Scotland, verrrrrrrry shit

England verrrrrrrry shit as ever too, commentators talking them up and overhyping them as ever, they'll get trashed as soon as they meet a top side with Southgate's crappy 3 at the back and bereft of even one top class CB
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Finished Spain 1-1 Greeks.
    Thiago came on after 72, Tsimikas went off after 80.

So a draw for Scotland. They have got three or four really good players and a lot of mediocre ones. but they always play with a lot of spirit and attitude. Would like them to qualify for a world cup, but i can't see it.

What a feckin pointless match.
    England 31 attempts, 15 on target v 1 off target attempt

What was the point??

I didn't even know who they were playing until Kev said San Marino earlier. I wasn't even slightly interested before and my interest level plummeted further after finding that out. I genuinely couldn't give a flying fuck about the England team. Not sure why but I just don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Pretty sure the lack of fitness being cited by the club is more like a lack of quality and effort shown in training. Keita is almost always fit to play for Guinea.

I know plenty on here do but you would have to be a pretty gullible individual to accept anything issued by a football club as being truthful.

I don’t take what they say about transfers or injuries as anything other than managing expectation.

Can you imagine a manager saying - a or b has been a shithouse on the training pitch the last few months so he isn’t getting any game time?
    To be fair hasn't Mourinho basically said that about Dele Alli?

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Would he even suit our style of play? No.
    Maybe give us another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    To be fair hasn't Mourinho basically said that about Dele Alli?
    He has come about as close as you will get - and has been lambasted for it. But this can happen if you do a fly on the wall documentary at a football club.

Jose was always a maverick - likely why he doesn’t last long at most clubs.

Keita has clearly been a bit Sheita in training - either that OR he is inventing his injuries because he is always for for his country. As for Tsimikas - the guy hasn’t had a look in since we signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Pretty sure the lack of fitness being cited by the club is more like a lack of quality and effort shown in training. Keita is almost always fit to play for Guinea.

I know plenty on here do but you would have to be a pretty gullible individual to accept anything issued by a football club as being truthful.

I don’t take what they say about transfers or injuries as anything other than managing expectation.

Can you imagine a manager saying - a or b has been a shithouse on the training pitch the last few months so he isn’t getting any game time?
    Totally agree. Your last bit pretty much tells the tale of Ox. Hardly any starts ( cant remember if hes even had one?) In the time weve had our worst injury crisis in years. The likes of him,Keita and Matip need to go regardless of cost. Wont happen but it should.
    The three of them are bona-fide shithouses. Matip has had a pass off people because he's actually a good player, it masks over what a pussy he is.

Jota has just scored for Portugal.