Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you patriotic?

Are you patriotic?

When I was young I used to be, but as the years have passed everything that once made me patriotic has been eroded and decayed and there is no good reason to be patriotic

Growing up in the UK, normal working people could do normal working class jobs, in shops, driving trucks, working in bars and afford to save for and buy their own home and raise a couple or more children, they had genuine achievable goals and aspirations, that has now been taken away from millions

We used to support our vulnerable, mentally ill and disabled - Now we paint them as a problem and they are used as part of the misdirection of adverse CBT to pit people against each other instead of looking at the people really stealing all our money

At the last election we elected a man who was having an affair behind his wife's back when she was undergoing cancer treatment, then left his wife and children while she was still undergoing cancer treatment, had been sacked from every job he'd had except for mayor of London, for lying and/or misconduct, it has recently transpired that while London mayor he misappropriated public funds to the woman he had an affair with, he was considered a security risk by M16 for escaping his minders while foreign secretary to attend 'sex parties' hosted by Russian ogilarchs and had a long list of racist and homophobic comments to his name

The last paragraph shows how desperately far, through adverse CBT of our media, the standards through which we could once be proud to be British have fallen and diminished

There is absolutely nothing about being British to be proud of, the ignorant, easily led and manipulated flag waving pricks can go shove them up their arse
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    When I was young I used to be, but as the years have passed everything that once made me patriotic has been eroded and decayed and there is no good reason to be patriotic

Growing up in the UK, normal working people could do normal working class jobs, in shops, driving trucks, working in bars and afford to save for and buy their own home and raise a couple or more children, they had genuine achievable goals and aspirations, that has now been taken away from millions

We used to support our vulnerable, mentally ill and disabled - Now we paint them as a problem and they are used as part of the misdirection of adverse CBT to pit people against each other instead of looking at the people really stealing all our money.
    I used to be patriotic as well, 19X, up until the start of the Falklands War, when the conservative government led by Thatcher, allowed Argentina to invade the Falklands.
    All so that the conservatives would win the next General Election. Ever since then I've had a suspicious view of any establishment figurines. The miners' strike and the handling of Hillsborough simply reinforced my views that establishment figurines are all dishonest, greedy, corrupt Rsoles.
    Things haven't changed or improved since those days.
    The NHS is being destroyed in my view by middle management sat on their arses doing nothing other than draining finances out of the organisation.

Agree. Theres nothing to be patriotic about in my opinion and I find any kind of patriotism bullish and arrogant.
    You just have to look at some Britain's and their whole misinformed "we won the war" attitude. Like it was solely down to Britain. It couldnt be further from the truth. Then looking at it things now, we elected a total cunt as prime minister over a thoroughly decent man who has the interests of working people and those who have little and are struggling. Our press painted him as a bad person and the whole country pretty much believed the lot just like the Brexit bullshit. We have a government now acting with complete impunity, making horrendous decisions and wasting billions upon billions of public money and the biggest worry is they would piss another election anytime soon. People simply do not give a fuck about anyone but themselves so all the of the governments fuck ups get forgotten about and the vaccine rollout has bought them a free pass.
    Society in general is going towards a way of life that has me truly worried for my children's futures.

They say that patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings.

The idea of being a "patriot" seems to be mostly an American thing these days.

Countries/communities aren't what they used to be, it's all corporations now.

No I don't feel that, If I won the lottery or any large sum I'd be outta here to a less compact/quiet/"neutral" country, I agree with Stevie in a way, but it seems from the outside, country's like Wales / Scotland / heck even Sweden seem a bit more "patriotic" compared to us at least.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Then looking at it things now, we elected a total cunt as prime minister over a thoroughly decent man who has the interests of working people and those who have little and are struggling. Our press painted him as a bad person and the whole country pretty much believed the lot just like the Brexit bullshit.
    That's the power of adverse CBT Tees

During the last GE campaign, the BBC and most other media outlets spent no less than 15 (fifteen) of the 28 days of the campaigning avoiding talking about policies because they knew many Labour policies such a tackling tax evasion and avoidance, raising taxes to levels still below the average of comparable economies for the highest earning individuals and companies and renationalising many privatised public services were immensely popular and instead used unsubstantiated heresay and conjecture accusations of antisemitism on loop to distract people from that policy and discredit the opposition leader

Think about this, I know the answer, was there any actual factual evidence or example of even one incident of antisemitism in a single one of those reports? No there was not

I'm 50 in the middle of this month, when I was growing up there were regular reports from our media about the Israeli Gov's atrocities against Palestine and Palestine retaliation, the retaliation has stopped because they are considerably more outgunned and at an incredible technological disadvantage than they were in the 70's and 80's, but the Israeli atrocities haven't stopped, the only thing that has stopped (as part of the adverse CBT, omission of information) is our media reporting it

Nineteenx wears union jack knickers,
    Pass it on !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    No I don't feel that, If I won the lottery or any large sum I'd be outta here to a less compact/quiet/"neutral" country, I agree with Stevie in a way, but it seems from the outside, country's like Wales / Scotland / heck even Sweden seem a bit more "patriotic" compared to us at least.
    I can't function in your world, everyone else's society, it's like glass in my eyes every day, I play the lottery, but I don't play because I want millions of pounds, i've never been materialistic, I only play in the hope of winning enough to live a no thrills life away from a society and people that make me ill

If I were to win millions of pounds, I'd really like to do something really useful with it, like start my own council house style scheme. Build houses, decent houses, with all the green energy and energy saving features technologically available to keep bills low and invite NHS staff and decent working class people in low paid work to apply for tenancy, minimal rent, strictly not for profit, 10 years maximum stay, to try and give people some opportunity and realistic goals and aspirations to aim for again, to work towards something, to work to live rather than just work to exist.

That'd be it, this is your chance, 10 years maximum stay, outgoings absolutely minimised, 10 years to save for a deposit on your own home effectively

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    That's the power of adverse CBT Tees

During the last GE campaign, the BBC and most other media outlets spent no less than 15 (fifteen) of the 28 days of the campaigning avoiding talking about policies because they knew many Labour policies such a tackling tax evasion and avoidance, raising taxes to levels still below the average of comparable economies for the highest earning individuals and companies and renationalising many privatised public services were immensely popular and instead used unsubstantiated heresay and conjecture accusations of antisemitism on loop to distract people from that policy and discredit the opposition leader

Think about this, I know the answer, was there any actual factual evidence or example of even one incident of antisemitism in a single one of those reports? No there was not

I'm 50 in the middle of this month, when I was growing up there were regular reports from our media about the Israeli Gov's atrocities against Palestine and Palestine retaliation, the retaliation has stopped because they are considerably more outgunned and at an incredible technological disadvantage than they were in the 70's and 80's, but the Israeli atrocities haven't stopped, the only thing that has stopped (as part of the adverse CBT, omission of information) is our media reporting it
    Yep you're right. The Brexit debacle was the death knell for 2 party politics in this country. It simply proved that lies and deception win over facts. Maybe its always been like that but it was just the sheer brazen way it was done. Newspapers,BBC and others telling blatant lies and fake news to influence results. It just made news so untrustworthy and its never recovered.

The the way our press is allowed to carry on the way they do just means its completely fruitless any type of Labour government is doomed to fail now because most people simply do not care enough to want to see balance within life in this country. It just gets worse, the gap between rich and poor is insurmountable, probably always has been but the big thing now is the attitude to it. Thats getting worse and thats the big worry.
    It increases things like anti social behaviour, crime and poor health issues, with the support and funding constantly being slashed it will only get worse for people in those situations.
    Agree about Palestine too. If any western person ever needs to know or wonder why Islamic fundamentals have such issue with the west then there is the reason. Its quite shocking how many people don't know about that situation and how Israel carry on.

Was watching Prince Philip's funeral today, and noticed the amount of armed forces people involved. Got me thinking about this thread - patriotism - and realised that we in the UK and also elsewhere should be grateful for the way Britain held out against the Nazis in World War 2. Just imagine where the world would be if Britain and it's Commonwealth, and other countries, hadn't repulsed Nazi Germany.
    We should be grateful for that particular generation and their spirit.
    I wonder, would the current generation be willing, or capable, of doing what that generation carried out?