Jürgen Klopp declared Nathaniel Phillips a worthy winner of Liverpool's Standard Chartered Player of the Month award for March.
The defender scooped the prize for the very first time after topping a vote by supporters following his three impressive starts last month – one of which was a Man of the Match display on his Champions League debut.*
And there was no person more pleased than his manager when the news was announced on Thursday afternoon.*
Boss 👊 🏆 @StanChart POTM https://t.co/yO7GmNrnYf
— LFC (Liverpool FC) 1st Apr 15:16
Speaking at his pre-Arsenal press conference on Friday, Klopp said: "He's not that young anymore. He's young, of course, from my perspective especially but he's already a few years out there playing football, which is good.*
"But I couldn't be more pleased for him. I couldn't really love our supporters [more] for giving this Player of the Month award to him.*
"It's well deserved because he helped us a lot, he's a brilliant guy, he's an extremely smart guy and enjoys the moment a lot.*
"It's not the biggest award in the world of football but anyway it's something nobody can take away from him whatever happens in the future, so that's really nice.*
"We need him in the shape he played before the break and let's hope that they can play together like this on the same level or on a higher level for the rest of the season, which would be extremely helpful."

More...