Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 141718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    But they're going to be without Ramos - their captain and defensive rock.
    And they're facing their own massive injury issues.

I'm all for taking our chances when we get them there, but Madrid will also be well aware of the hill they're facing.
    The trouble with that is that Real Madrid are like us in Europe. They can be out of form in the league, missing players, but still find some way to come up with the goods when it comes to playing in big European games.

How was that not 4??

Anyway Arsenal were crap because we squeezed the life out of them, we pressed well from the start forcing them to give us the ball back constantly and in the second half, once we scored they knew the game was up.

I cannot believe how much both Phillips and Kabak have improved, real credit goes to the coaching staff for that.

MOTM Fabinho, he’s been the catalyst for this upturn of form and results, totally dominated the midfield, great ball to Mo for the second goal. 19, you have to admit it mate, our midfield is a different animal with him in it.

Brilliant second half. We obviously need to keep winning, but top four is looking more and more achievable.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Oooo.....

Anyone else notice Klopp having a bit of a long chat with Odegaard at the end of the game there?
    (...even gave him a half hug)

Could something be in the works?

(...or maybe I'm just trying to stir up shite)
    The tabloids will be in touch on Monday to offer you a job.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Brilliant second half. We obviously need to keep winning, but top four is looking more and more achievable.
    At least 2 spots to play for.. Even Oles filth are catchable.. so maybe 3 spots.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I mean, a lot of credit (or at least some), has to go to our high pressing of them earlier one which forced them to abandon their playing out from the back strategy.
    And they've been really good playing out from the back in previous games.

They're not a good "pack the back/park the bus" defensive team in playing in that style which they were forced to do a lot of today.
    Some teams thrive on that dire style.
    Arsenal are not it.
    Yeah agree, weren't even at our best and still convicingly beat them. Catch 22 for them really, if they had tried to play like they did against Wham we would have hammered them by much more.
    Good show from us, we've played better and lost games but we were solid and never in danger at all.

Oooo.....

Anyone else notice Klopp having a bit of a long chat with Odegaard at the end of the game there?
    (...even gave him a half hug)

Could something be in the works?

(...or maybe I'm just trying to stir up shite)
    I thought exactly the same thing. It couldn’t possibly happen could it?
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Hes looking miles more comfortable. Who knows what he coild be like when Virgil comes back.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    The trouble with that is that Real Madrid are like us in Europe. They can be out of form in the league, missing players, but still find some way to come up with the goods when it comes to playing in big European games.
    Spot on seen it so many times over the years they can be poor in the league but they turn up in the CL.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Great win, didn't expect that to be honest arsenal's form has been pretty good lately, while we've been shit, looks like we may have turned a corner? with trent back to himself, and obviously Jota being back...

Won't speak too soon though, as we've had the odd win then done shite again.
    Arsenal have been very good in a lot of games this season and like us, should have far more points than they do have on the balance of play and great chances they had, but, that Arsenal is the one that emerged when Arteta realised playing the players in combination he was forced to use today wasn't a good idea at all, great win, Arsenal being back to their worst under Arteta because of enforced changes helped a bit for sure, but it helped plenty of teams against us this season too
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Hilarious Odegaard having a chuckle and love with Klopp at the end

Imagine if that was one of our players doing that after a 3-0 loss we'd be fuming!

Not Odegaard's fault but the attitude of players at arsenal stink, has done for years.