Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1518192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    How was that not 4??

Anyway Arsenal were crap because we squeezed the life out of them, we pressed well from the start forcing them to give us the ball back constantly and in the second half, once we scored they knew the game was up.

I cannot believe how much both Phillips and Kabak have improved, real credit goes to the coaching staff for that.

MOTM Fabinho, he’s been the catalyst for this upturn of form and results, totally dominated the midfield, great ball to Mo for the second goal. 19, you have to admit it mate, our midfield is a different animal with him in it.
    Agree on Fab. Hes boss, makes such a difference having that quality in midfield.
    The improvement in the defence just down what continuity can do. The chop change has been the downfall of our season.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    The tabloids will be in touch on Monday to offer you a job.
    I'm polishing up my resume as we speak.
    I have to remember to include that time I did a tour with the Marines in the Mountain ranges of Kabul against enemy insurgents.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    At least 2 spots to play for.. Even Oles filth are catchable.. so maybe 3 spots.
    Think United are safe and Leicester prooooobably are too really. It's whether or not Leicester can maintain a gap, combined with how they handle their last 3 matches or so.

Feels like we are in with a slightly more realistic shout now, which is wonderful. If results go the wrong way today we're 8 points behind Chelsea and 13 behind Leicester. As it stands, we have a shot.

Sign kabak.. extend phillips contract... with gomez and VVD

do we really need another CB?? or could we spend the money better elsewhere?

I have a feeling davies will be phillips replacement though

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Are you going back to watching 'Play Your Cards Right' after the game has finished?
    Not now im not....lolol

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Think United are safe and Leicester prooooobably are too really. It's whether or not Leicester can maintain a gap, combined with how they handle their last 3 matches or so.

Feels like we are in with a slightly more realistic shout now, which is wonderful. If results go the wrong way today we're 8 points behind Chelsea and 13 behind Leicester. As it stands, we have a shot.
    Leicester are catchable their fixtures are horrendous.. cant see them winning any of the top club games
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Off to watch TV be back laters
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I can’t remember us having a more dominant CB in the air than Nat Phillips, he very rarely gets beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I thought exactly the same thing. It couldn’t possibly happen could it?
    We were one of the clubs mentioned as being in for him before he eventually went to Madrid where his career stalled as he was relegated to their 'B' team and then loaned out several times.
    It was actually Klopp that wanted him at the time as he saw him in the vein of a young Elliot.

Other than today, he's looked really good playing for Arsenal on this current loan.

It could actually be a situation like it was with Salah, whom we initially wanted, but instead opted to take a big moneybags deal at Chelsea where his chances were reduced to nothing and Mourinho completely misused him playing him in wrong positions.
    After several loans and eventually being sold to Roma, we went back in for him when Klopp got here, and the rest as they say is history.

I think Klopp never loses touch or forgets about players he once liked, which is why I wouldn't completely dismiss that little laugh and chat he was having with Odegaard at the end there.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I can’t remember us having a more dominant CB in the air than Nat Phillips, he very rarely gets beaten.
    Indeed, don't see why we don't extend his contract it's deserved... and good to know we have a emergency option

But on the other hand, maybe he wants to leave for more regular first team football somewhere.

Maybe that's why we signed davies too, for post-phillips.