Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Boom, I know a thing or 2 about this game
    What is the saying about a broken clock being right twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    What is the saying about a broken clock being right twice a day.
    It's one used when referring to Kev

I was the only person here advocating Captain fantastic being brought back into midfield in 18-19, and a Champions League and League title later, as Tony Ferrino would say "Well, it's all in a days work"
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Really honest assessment from Arteta that we were better in every department and it could have been more. And he is taking the blame for not sending the players to go out and play differently.

Quite refreshing, though it won’t help the Arsenal fans feel better about a woeful performance like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It's one used when referring to Kev

I was the only person here advocating Captain fantastic being brought back into midfield in 18-19, and a Champions League and League title later, as Tony Ferrino would say "Well, it's all in a days work"
    What a load of rubbish that is. You absolutely were not the only person.

Yes I did say thank you was worth staying up for in the end and you was right haha, so is playing fab in cm 😉😂

Now I can go sleep happy, wouldn't of expected to wake up to 0-3 after that first half more like 0-0 especially how we've been playing.

Hopefully we've turned a corner but not getting too carried away yet as we've had the odd win, then next game be awful again

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Yes I did say thank you was worth staying up for in the end and you was right haha, so is playing fab in cm ����

Now I can go sleep happy, wouldn't of expected to wake up to 0-3 after that first half more like 0-0 especially how we've been playing.

Hopefully we've turned a corner but not getting too carried away yet as we've had the odd win, then next game be awful again
    You lot misunderstand my issue with Fab, I've always rated him, I love his tenacity and crunching challenges, there is just this one thing that needs ironing out of his game from my point of view, i've never changed my opinion on it and until I see him consistently make the right decisions I never will

When an opposition player for transition is in his area, and our other 2 midfielders are already ahead of him, so there is no-one to cover that player if he goes looking for a tackle he may or not make, he can't leave that player and too often he does and when he doesn't make the tackle, we're in trouble and it usually leads to a goal for the opposition, that's it, that's what it's always been about

Today we caught up three points on Leicester and Chelsea while also picking up 6 on Chelsea’s goal diff and 5 on Leicester. Excellent weekend so far, couldn’t have been better in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Today we caught up three points on Leicester and Chelsea while also picking up 6 on Chelsea’s goal diff and 5 on Leicester. Excellent weekend so far, couldn’t have been better in fact.
    Could get better if Wolves and BHA do us a favour and whoever Spurs are playing. I think Chelsea are going to bottle it.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    What a load of rubbish that is. You absolutely were not the only person.
    Now now Tees, don't go getting all bluenose, my favourite poster on this forum is Miller, we don't always agree, both call it as we see it, but above all, what sets Miller aside from pretty much everyone else here, is he is decent and honest, further down the line of Hendo being brought back in, I remember Miller posting something along the lines of "Fair play to Nineteenx, he was practically the only one of us calling for Henderson in midfield"

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    How was that not 4??

Anyway Arsenal were crap because we squeezed the life out of them, we pressed well from the start forcing them to give us the ball back constantly and in the second half, once we scored they knew the game was up.

I cannot believe how much both Phillips and Kabak have improved, real credit goes to the coaching staff for that.

MOTM Fabinho, he’s been the catalyst for this upturn of form and results, totally dominated the midfield, great ball to Mo for the second goal. 19, you have to admit it mate, our midfield is a different animal with him in it.
    It was everything I have been moaning about almost the entire season since we started with the tappy tappy overplaying trying to be Man City whose ares we handed to them last season crap, a decent ball into a good area that one of our forwards turned into a great ball, although I think Hendo's passing from the centre is far superior and far more consistently so than Fab's will ever be, I've admitted the same about a number of his balls, put them into great areas, decent balls, that he knows Mane or Mo in particular, especially Mane, will make into a great ball by winning it, or by making it so difficult for the defender we'll win the second ball

Fab was excellent tonight, very VERY happy with that performance, didn't leave the opposition player for transition when there was no-one to cover him doing so a single time, that's all I've been asking for, not hard is it? Maybe Jurgen employed my idea of a cattle prod in the games the lads played between the last competitive game, as it's the first game I've seen him so disciplined and not do it once and long may that continue, then the hype may start to become justified