Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1821222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Thiago and Fabinho complimented each other so well in that midfield I thought.

Fabinho got through a lot of the "dirty" work, which in turn meant Thiago didn't have to do as much of that side of the game and was more free to be available for passes and try to create.

Fabinho was an absolute treat tonight. I know Arsenal weren't at the races, but if Fabinho puts that sort of shift in against Real Madrid it will really help.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Thiago and Fabinho complimented each other so well in that midfield I thought.

Fabinho got through a lot of the "dirty" work, which in turn meant Thiago didn't have to do as much of that side of the game and was more free to be available for passes and try to create.

Fabinho was an absolute treat tonight. I know Arsenal weren't at the races, but if Fabinho puts that sort of shift in against Real Madrid it will really help.
    Yes Fabinho was immense tonight, as were Trent and Phillips.
    Last edited by skyebo; 3rd April 2021 at 10:59 PM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Now now Tees, don't go getting all bluenose, my favourite poster on this forum is Miller, we don't always agree, both call it as we see it, but above all, what sets Miller aside from pretty much everyone else here, is he is decent and honest, further down the line of Hendo being brought back in, I remember Miller posting something along the lines of "Fair play to Nineteenx, he was practically the only one of us calling for Henderson in midfield"
    You can believe what you want if it makes you feel better. We are all decent posters on here. Theres little nastiness towards anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Oooo.....

Anyone else notice Klopp having a bit of a long chat with Odegaard at the end of the game there?
    (...even gave him a half hug)

Could something be in the works?

(...or maybe I'm just trying to stir up shite)
    https://www.empireofthekop.com/2021/04/03/video-arsenal-fans-accuse-klopp-of-tapping-up-odegaard-in-post-match-chat-clip-with-madrid-loanee/

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Sign kabak.. extend phillips contract... with gomez and VVD

do we really need another CB?? o
    r could we spend the money better elsewhere?
    We can never have enough centre backs.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Loved how Jota took both of his chances, real ruthlessness in his finishing, which we obviously lack.
    I thought the same when he scored his second. Anyone else would have been standing back to let Mané blaze it over the bar.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

That was more like the Jurgen liverpool of old. Attack attack attack.
    We've been spoilt these past few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    That was more like the Jurgen liverpool of old. Attack attack attack.
    We've been spoilt these past few seasons.
    Not sure about that Ian, more like the set up when we had CB's that didn't allow us to play as high a line and we relied on the front 3 and one of the full backs (rather than both) to try and create something and won a lot of second balls through our midfielders coming onto them from a little deeper as the opposition tried to clear or play out
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

He isn't an Arsenal player, tho.
    He's on loan there from Madrid.
    And he's free to sign for anyone when the season is over.

So until they actually sign him, they can't accuse Klopp (or anyone else) of tapping him up.
    And they have nothing to worry or whinge about if they're so confident they'll be the best option for him to sign long term come the end of the season, right?
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Not sure about that Ian, more like the set up when we had CB's that didn't allow us to play as high a line and we relied on the front 3 and one of the full backs (rather than both) to try and create something and won a lot of second balls through our midfielders coming onto them from a little deeper as the opposition tried to clear or play out
    TBF mate you think Fabinho is useless. We all have our options 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    TBF mate you think Fabinho is useless. We all have our options ������
    I've never said he's useless, there is one specific element of his game that has a serious floor when we play as high as we did the second half of his first season and last season, the last few games have been 'back to the future' deeper line, Fabinho mostly sitting in front of the 2 CBs, there being cover for his floor when he does wander because one of the full backs is back and the other 2 midfielders aren't as high and its worked
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I've never said he's useless, there is one specific element of his game that has a serious floor when we play as high as we did the second half of his first season and last season, the last few games have been 'back to the future' deeper line, Fabinho mostly sitting in front of the 2 CBs, there being cover for his floor when he does wander because one of the full backs is back and the other 2 midfielders aren't as high and its worked
    How do you feel he played tonight ?