Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Your team v Real Madrid (Quarter-final, 1st leg)

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Harsh

But fair
    I should have that as my epitaph. That and/or Spike Milligan's "I told you I was ill."

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Keita??
    Thiago must be carrying a knock.
    Not necessarily.

Keita seeks to progress the ball forward via a pass or dribble almost any time he receives it. Perhaps Klopp sees that working with Jota's presence and the capacity of Wijnaldum and Fabinho to cover.

I'd have picked Thiago personally, but we don't know what Klopp has seen during training.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Not necessarily.

Keita seeks to progress the ball forward via a pass or dribble almost any time he receives it. Perhaps Klopp sees that working with Jota's presence and the capacity of Wijnaldum and Fabinho to cover.

I'd have picked Thiago personally, but we don't know what Klopp has seen during training.
    I expect us to go for it, not sure how good or not the Real players are at tracking back, their midfield have immense quality, but have slowed down a lot, Keita breaking with the ball behind them to help get us ahead could work very nicely indeed and then Thiago coming on for Naby when Real are chasing it looking to pick his passes that take 3 or 4 out of the game and try and pick them off on the counter for more goals
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I see why we've gone for Keita as it looks like we'll be going for it as 19x says and more energy perhaps ... thiago may be a bit tired- I don't think he's the fittest of players, and still stand by that opinion, you may or may not of noticed he seems to vanish more and more, further as the game goes on.

Good option to have off the bench however if needed, about time we had a few good players on the bench, same as firmino.

Don’t underestimate the quality in that Madrid midfield, they may be lacking in running power these days but they are still excellent on the ball and I would have thought Jurgen would have gone for the Champions League experience of Thiago as well as the fact he has been playing and Keita has not.
    Hope Jurgen’s got it right.

Thiago is making way for Keita because Klopp knows we can’t hope to go toe to toe with Real technically - we will get opened up like a tin of beans. No point even attempting it.

High energy Gerstumph style German Blitzkrieg.

That’s really our only hope

Jurgen said in his pre-match just now that he couldn't ignore Keita anymore, he's been sensational in training since he came back AND that how Real like to play and pick players up it makes a lot of sense to have a dribbler
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Let’s go Tetthhcoooooo!