Page 1 of 15 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Nat Philips

Nat Philips

How good has he been? Seriously impressed by him hope they sort out a new contract for him.

He's forming a good partnership with Kabak, and another clean sheet last night. Things will obviously change when Van Dijk returns, but i too hope he gets kept on.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

4 consecutive away wins in all competitions without conceding a goal for the first time since 1988

He's hardly put a foot wrong and is especially good against the type of forwards who try to bully defenders. He can't be on much of a wage and the other plus is that he's a home grown player. I hope we don't lose him when his contract expires

I'd keep him now.. Philips/Kabak/Virgil/ Gomez and Ben Davies.. If we can get money for Matip that will go to buying off Kabaks fee. Obviously if we can do better than those mentioned (apart from VVD) we should sign him. Im not into sentiment.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

There's a lot of noise around Konate which makes me think Klopp has lost patience with Matip. Wouldn't surprise me if Davies left too. A strange signing

If he has only just lost patience with Matip then sadly he is a bit slow upstairs.

Philips is great in an old school way. Dominant in the air. No nonsense tackling.But you couldn't say his distribution is any good. And he has got no pace, which means he always has to be paired with another centre back who has got pace.
    Of course he has done well since coming in. I think Kabak has more of a future though.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Philips is great in an old school way. Dominant in the air. No nonsense tackling.But you couldn't say his distribution is any good. And he has got no pace, which means he always has to be paired with another centre back who has got pace.
    Of course he has done well since coming in. I think Kabak has more of a future though.
    Unlike a full back or winger, i think it's more important to be quicker in the head than on your feet as a centre back.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    We've adjusted for the players we have available, Phillips has done very well, but he isn't honestly suited to how Jurgen likes to play

Part of the reason we got in the mess this season was being sentimental about 2 or 3 of the unlikely Champions League heroes, there were about 7 or 8 in Rafa's, whod also never been good enough, we didn't keep them on
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”