Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Nat Philips

Here's Gerrard's stats from 2008/09.

Are you ready 19..?? take a seat.. Seriously - do sit down..

44 games played - 24 goals scored with 13 assists...

8 games in the CL that season - scored 7 with 1 assist...

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Seriously - go get some help fella... Boy do you need it.

How many Free kicks has Hendo scored again? Any idea why he doesn't take penalties 19..? Just scratching my head here..
    I'm as ever comparing apples with apples, how many goals and assists did each player contribute from any given position from open play, it's the only fair and accurate barometer of how effective each player is in any position, if they're a great free kick or penalty taker, that has no relevance whatsoever to what they contribute through playing any given position
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Gerrards stats for 2007/08

52 games played - 21 goals scored and 18 assists.
    . Yes almost 20 assists too...

probably all from goal kicks..

Here's Gerrard's stats from 2008/09.

Are you ready 19..?? take a seat.. Seriously - do sit down..

44 games played - 24 goals scored with 13 assists...

8 games in the CL that season - scored 7 with 1 assist...
    Very nice, and it was brilliant, but he was playing as an attacking midfielder up front with Torres supported by Alonso providing the ammunition and Mascherano protecting the defence, I'm talking about making relevant comparisons, comparing DMs with the returns of other leading DMs in their league in open play

Steven Gerrard was in a totally different league to Jordan Henderson across the entirety of the midfield. There is simply no debate to have here. All you are doing is highlighting the gulf - and it is a massive gulf - in class.

In other news, we are apparently asking £22m for Oxlade-Chamberlain, will we get it ?

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    In other news, we are apparently asking £22m for Oxlade-Chamberlain, will we get it ?
    Might do after that goal... There will always be a desperate side ready to gamble. Who knows they might bag him for that dosh and he plays more than 15 games a season for them.

Steven Gerrard was in a totally different league to Jordan Henderson across the entirety of the midfield. There is simply no debate to have here. All you are doing is highlighting the gulf - and it is a massive gulf - in class.
    I was never comparing Henderson to Gerrard, Henderson is a miles better DM than Gerrard ever was, I have actually been insisting throughout, if you read the thread and engage your comprehension skills, however limited they may be, that the only reasonable comparisons to make are from contributions from open play of players who play the same position, I provided the relevant comparisons, Kante, Rodri, N'Didi, Fabinho and guess what Hendo came out on top

19 - dear 19... You talk an awful lot - but your intellect is a good bit behind the level you believe it to be.

As with Hendo you are unable to differentiate between a hard worker with limited talent and a genius with talent to burn.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I can understand why he may leave. because his contract is running down and we ain't gonna be paying an 100 thousand a week for a player who doesnt play.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century