Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Nat Philips

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    At least someone here is on it
    Good lad.

Just want to show some gratitude to the lad, whatever happens this season.

Comes into a team at a time of injury crisis, playing in a set-up that doesn't his natural game when we are collectively bereft of confidence.

Isn't a quick player, doesn't have a great ability to turn, yet has dug deep and made sure he does what he's naturally good at to the best of his ability, particularly pushing up and heading the ball clear to give us a second to reshape while it's aloft.

He's played 14-games for us, starting in 12.

Won 9
    Drawn 2
    Lost 3

with us scoring 23 goals and conceding 11 in that time. That's an average of 2.07pts per game for the side while he's present, about 79 points over a 38-game season if we averaged it out, with an approximate 30 goals conceded! Of course it doesn't work like that/unique season/team effort and all other relevant caveats but he has done well, playing in different pairings having come in from the cold.

Massive thank-you to the lad. He's probably earned himself a contract extension to be 5th or 6th choice for us (he's only on £3k per week!) if he wants it, or will get himself a Premier League move that will give him a nice enough career when, realistically, he probably could have expected the Championship at best prior to this run.

Hats off Nat lad. We've had a few "Cult" centre-backs in Toure, Kyrgiakos and Klavan, but this Phoenix from the Ashes spell is very impressive (limitations or not) and if we do manage to go on to nick Top Four at the climax of the campaign you can hold your head very, very high as nobody will be able to deny the part you played.

Agree Sid. Hes been very good.
    Not top level obviously but he has done a more than decent job in difficult circumstances and who knows how he might develop playing alongside Virgil next season if he's required to.
    Even if he moves on hes shown more than enough to be a solid centre back for most Premier league teams.
    Kudos to the guy. Can't believe hes on 3k a week. The comparison to an absolute wage thief like Keita or Shaq is unreal. His work rate alone is treble what those two put in.

Neither him or Williams are on Van Dijk's level and no one should expect them to be. They are doing a decent job together at the back in a difficult season. Klopp must have finally realised that playing 2 inexperienced centre backs can work just as well than shifting a midfield player there. Two wins and a clean sheet, I hope its the same at WBA.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Neither him or Williams are on Van Dijk's level and no one should expect them to be. They are doing a decent job together at the back in a difficult season. Klopp must have finally realised that playing 2 inexperienced centre backs can work just as well than shifting a midfield player there. Two wins and a clean sheet, I hope its the same at WBA.
    Our forwards, midfield and full backs press and counter press being at far higher levels because we have more of our midfielders playing in midfield was always the best way for us to play at higher levels
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Our forwards, midfield and full backs press and counter press being at far higher levels because we have more of our midfielders playing in midfield was always the best way for us to play at higher levels
    I agree better to be weak in one position than in two by moving midfielders to CB.

Baldy got cocky last year in his attempt to play a small CM at CB like he has in Spain/Germany it backfired so the "genius" as Neville called him spent £100m+ on two CBs.

They have a lack of top flight experience and pace do Nat/Rhys but last night especially second half they played well and I was writing us off before kick off I was glad to be wrong.

Must follow it up at WBA now.

I would honestly keep him. Sure not top level, but what is? Harry fucking McGuire?

Initial jitters, but has played solidly alongside Kabak. 3k a week is criminal…for a football player obviously 🙄

He's a lot better than williams, yes he's older but honestly I don't see williams ever being better or playing outside of league 2

but heyho

I suppose the likes of ngog spearing allen played for us quite a bit.

Quite ridiculous that all three of our CB’s are injured, plus the two additional CB’s they brought in to cover them.

No one can convince me that it’s not in part due to what they are doing in training.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Quite ridiculous that all three of our CB’s are injured, plus the two additional CB’s they brought in to cover them.

No one can convince me that it’s not in part due to what they are doing in training.
    It's definitely something of a concern, especially if this is going to carry on into next season.
    It could spanner things again if it's not sorted out.