Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Nat Philips

Since the start of this season, Fabinho is ranked number 1 in both interceptions and clearances for us. That stat was shown prior to the Man Utd game.

Those are also facts too.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Since the start of this season, Fabinho is ranked number 1 in both interceptions and clearances for us. That stat was shown prior to the Man Utd game.
    That's not the issue, if you're sitting in front of the defence, if you're in the No6 position, sitting deeper as we are now, you absolutely should be making most interceptions, because any attempted through balls are coming through your area, and as you're the mid closest to the defence, you should be picking up more loose balls than any other midfielder to clear.

The issues are: Running to the ball and lacking the game intelligence to stay with a player, actually giving an opposition player otherwise boxed in an easy out ball, see Fernandes' goal against us at OT and that is by no means an isolated example, he did the same thing with Modric v Real and McGinn v Villa And not getting off the ground at corners to head the ball away and not doing enough to put opposition players off

West Brom's equaliser at Anfield came from their player getting above Fab (who didn't even jump) to score, their disallowed goal in the recent game, came from their player, the same player, getting above Fab (who didn't even jump) to win the first header, the goal line clearance from Phillips was from a header by Mee getting above Fab (who didn't even jump) to win the header

These are issues Jurgen and the coaching staff and Hendo need to work with Fab on, they are issues that have cost us goals since he arrived and issues that will continue to cost us goals, this is his third season and these issues, really fucking important issues, have STILL not been addressed or corrected
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Those are also facts too.
    They're not facts at all, go and check this link

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/first-team/player/fabinho

Use the player comparison feature, Henderson has more tackles, greater tackle success rate, more clearances, more blocks with Fab just shading interceptions and he's the only player I've compared so far

Edit: Trent stats on all those thing absolutely destroy Fabs too

He must be doing something right if he's ranked 1st in both. You can't argue with the facts. There isn't an issue as far as I can see, I'm sure there isn't one for Klopp either.

He must be doing something right if he's ranked 1st in both. You can't argue with the facts. There isn't an issue as far as I can see, I'm sure there isn't one for Klopp either.
    Follow the fucking link, he is NOT ranked first in anything

Those stats were shown prior to the United game, I'm pretty sure they would be accurate, otherwise they wouldn't have been put on there.

So, charging to the ball, when there are 2 or 3 of our players already around the player, who's going nowhere and leaving the player in your area and giving the player with nowhere to go an easy out ball in the process to the palyer you jsut left and that resulting in a goal and not just fucking one is not an issue? When all players fit and we're playing 3v3 at the back 2 Cbs and our No6, the No6 charging to the ball leaving a 3 v 2 isn't an issue? It needs fucking fixing

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Sky sports must have it wrong. Funny that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Stop looking for faults in his game, he is an important player, there is only you can't see that. And more importantly Klopp sees his value to the team too.