Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Nat Philips

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Those stats were shown prior to the United game, I'm pretty sure they would be accurate, otherwise they wouldn't have been put on there.
    I've checked on the officials site, the LFC officials site, it lists all our players stats this season, it has a comparison feature so you can compare our players stats against each other

Our top performing midfielder in tackle success rate, tackles won, clearances and blocks is Henderson, Fab is slightly ahead of him on interceptions
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Stop looking for faults in his game, he is an important player, there is only you can't see that. And more importantly Klopp sees his value to the team too.
    He is an important player, which is why it is vitally important that the issues he has that have directly led to opposition sides scoring at least 4 goals against us this season off the top of my head and but for Phillips and a VAR call could easily have led to 2 more in our last 2 games need addressing, Jurgen really likes him, he'll keep playing him there, so he and the coaching staff need to coach the fucking player, that's what they get paid for, it isn't good enough, you can't have a player who can potentially cost us a goal every game through a basic, correctable error through lack of awareness and game intelligence and just not bother correcting that, you can't think "Oh he might cost us a goal but we'll score more"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/roy-keane-slams-fabinho-liverpool-24105214

Wasn't just Keane, Souness, Redknapp and others too, but I've seen him do exactly what they were talking about him doing for that Fernandes goal numerous times, seen him do it 3 or 4 times in a single game and it needs fixing, and it is a lack of football intelligence, that comment is entirely accurate, it is not having the football intelligence to appreciate when your 2 or 3 team mates have a situation under control and you need to stay with your man, never mind stay with you man, even recognise who your man is and the danger he respresents

They're supposed to be professional pundits and it's the first and only instance they've noticed it, I've seen it from day one, that's why I've been banging on about it, because at first I just thought, oh he needs to stop that, Jurgen and the coaches will sort that out, three seasons on, he's still doing it, no improvement in it, aren't Jurgen and our coaches supposed to improve players?

He does lack football intelligence and need to be educated, he doesn't scan the pitch enough to see and appreciate what's on for the opposition and where the danger is, he is a destroyer not a DM, so he does have these persistent urges to charge to where the ball is when he needs to stay with his man and recognise who his man is.

And he really lacks the higher intelligence of really good midfielders and DMs, he doesn't have the ability, timing, or awareness to know in situations when a team mate has missed a tackle, when to stay with his player, or to stay with his player initially, to allow our others players to recover positionally and when then to time when he moves off his player to the other player, blocking any pass to the player he moves away from in the process, a skill all our other midfielders have and Henderson is absolutely superb at
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 21st May 2021 at 10:33 AM.

On a plus not, one thing I absolutely love about Nat and that he's streets ahead of Gomez in, is he continually scans the pitch, adjusts and readjusts his position and makes damned well fucking sure he always knows where the opposition forwards and suppliers are and where any danger is most likely to come from

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He is an important player, which is why it is vitally important that the issues he has that have directly led to opposition sides scoring at least 4 goals against us this season off the top of my head and but for Phillips and a VAR call could easily have led to 2 more in our last 2 games need addressing, Jurgen really likes him, he'll keep playing him there, so he and the coaching staff need to coach the fucking player, that's what they get paid for, it isn't good enough, you can't have a player who can potentially cost us a goal every game through a basic, correctable error through lack of awareness and game intelligence and just not bother correcting that, you can't think "Oh he might cost us a goal but we'll score more"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/roy-keane-slams-fabinho-liverpool-24105214

Wasn't just Keane, Souness, Redknapp and others too, but I've seen him do exactly what they were talking about him doing for that Fernandes goal numerous times, seen him do it 3 or 4 times in a single game and it needs fixing, and it is a lack of football intelligence, that comment is entirely accurate, it is not having the football intelligence to appreciate when your 2 or 3 team mates have a situation under control and you need to stay with your man, never mind stay with you man, even recognise who your man is and the danger he respresents

They're supposed to be professional pundits and it's the first and only instance they've noticed it, I've seen it from day one, that's why I've been banging on about it, because at first I just thought, oh he needs to stop that, Jurgen and the coaches will sort that out, three seasons on, he's still doing it, no improvement in it, aren't Jurgen and our coaches supposed to improve players?

He does lack football intelligence and need to be educated, he doesn't scan the pitch enough to see and appreciate what's on for the opposition and where the danger is, he is a destroyer not a DM, so he does have these persistent urges to charge to where the ball is when he needs to stay with his man and recognise who his man is.

And he really lacks the higher intelligence of really good midfielders and DMs, he doesn't have the ability, timing, or awareness to know in situations when a team mate has missed a tackle, when to stay with his player, or to stay with his player initially, to allow our others players to recover positionally and when then to time when he moves off his player to the other player, blocking any pass to the player he moves away from in the process, a skill all our other midfielders have and Henderson is absolutely superb at
    While they're at it, they could maybe teach Henderson the art of assist and scoring, though as he's been here for 10 years maybe he's just a lost cause.

While they're at it, they could maybe teach Henderson the art of assist and scoring, though as he's been here for 10 years maybe he's just a lost cause.
    Last season prior to injury from DM 4 goals 5 assists and numerous playmaking passes that released a player to assist

Kante 3 goals 0 (zero) assists
    Rodri 3 goals 2 assists
    N'Didi 2 goals 1 assists

Yes Henderson, best in his position in the entire league More assists than Kante, Rodri and N'Didi combined, playing the same position
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 21st May 2021 at 11:38 AM.

And probably numerous attempts at goal that landed in row Z.

And probably numerous attempts at goal that landed in row Z.
    Hendo Shots 20 Shots on target 8 Shooting accuracy 40%
    Kante Shots 18 Shots on target 6 Shooting accuracy 33%
    Rodri Shots 24 Shots on target 9 Shooting accuracy 38%
    N'Didi Shots 26 Shots on target 3 Shooting accuracy 12%
    Fabinho Shots 12 Shots on target 4 Shooting accuracy 33%

Nope, best in shots on target and conversion

btw Don't know why you're bringing Hendo into it, it's not a Hendo Fab thing, it's a Jurgen, the coaches and analysis team to educate Fab, improve him and stop doing things like he did v the filthy, Arsenal, Villa, West Brom and Real to gift them goals this season thing, yes Henderson is far better in every single way in that position, but I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about our coaches needing to work with Fab and improve and develop him and get him closer to Hendo's level

Hendo Shots 20 Shots on target 8 Shooting accuracy 40%
    Kante Shots 18 Shots on target 6 Shooting accuracy 33%
    Rodri Shots 24 Shots on target 9 Shooting accuracy 38%
    N'Didi Shots 26 Shots on target 3 Shooting accuracy 12%
    Fabinho Shots 12 Shots on target 4 Shooting accuracy 33%

Nope, best in shots on target and conversion
    I'm only concerned with lfc players stats, but if you are going to show other teams players do it for all other stats not just the ones that you consider Henderson is good at. Look at his record over 10 years, you will see his scoring record is abysmal, even you must see that.

btw Don't know why you're bringing Hendo into it, it's not a Hendo Fab thing, it's a Jurgen, the coaches and analysis team to educate Fab, improve him and stop doing things like he did v the filthy, Arsenal, Villa, West Brom and Real to gift them goals this season thing, yes Henderson is far better in every single way in that position, but I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about our coaches needing to work with Fab and improve and develop him and get him closer to Hendo's level
    You mentioned Henderson first, saying how superior he is in most aspects. It is easy to check.