Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Nat Philips

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    You mentioned Henderson first, saying how superior he is in most aspects. It is easy to check.
    Unlike the previous captain, this one won't be too difficult to replace.

I'm only concerned with lfc players stats, but if you are going to show other teams players do it for all other stats not just the ones that you consider Henderson is good at. Look at his record over 10 years, you will see his scoring record is abysmal, even you must see that.
    It isn't abysmal at all, he has mostly been employed as a more defense minded midfielder to control games and help the defence in set ups in which other players in midfield were the goal getters and he was responsible for making sure we kept it tighter

Gerrard scored lots of goals, but he took free kicks and penalties and played in a more attacking role for us for the majority of his career for example, I was comparing apples with apples, hendo's stats to player playing the same position that season and playing the sort of role he has always been used in, you should try it, it gives a more accurate reflection of how good or not a player is in their role for our team, comparing an attacking midfielder, some of whom have free roles like De Bruyne and Gerrard when he was used at No10 who also take free kicks, corners and pens with a midfielder used more defensively who don't take corners, free kicks or pens and spend nearly as much time advanced far higher up the pitch nearer to goal is a nonsense, actually moronic thing to do

Edit: You should take at look at Stevie's goals record on his wiki perhaps, given he had a more attacking role supported by a defensive midfielder to play higher for most of his career, the return he averaged wasn't a great deal higher than Hendo's in his first 7 seasons, it took him 8 seasons to reach double figure for the first time (despite taking free kicks), dipped back below double figures the following season to 7 and then started to score more goals after being moved to that position just behind Torres in which the entire team was geared to supply him and Torres with chances to score goals, he only reach double figure in 4 of his 17 season, despite taking free kicks and being our penalty taker in some of those seasons
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 21st May 2021 at 12:26 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I had a look and must admit - I am not surprised..

Henderson

2018/19 - 44 games - 1 goal & 5 assists (note the lack of a plural for goals)
    2019?20 - 48 games - 4 goals & 5 assists
    2019/20 - 28 games - 1 goal & 1 assist (note the double lack of a plural)

6 goals and 11 assists in 120 games. Last 3 years.

Even 19 can't pretend these numbers are anything other than poor. And he has been at his best these last few years too. While he has been absolutely key for us - you could argue that was due to a lack of better quality options. Scoring goals and shooting are stand out weak points for Jordan Henderson and anyone who knows football - knows this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It isn't abysmal at all, he has mostly been employed as a more defense minded midfielder to control games and help the defence in set ups in which other players in midfield were the goal getters and he was responsible for making sure we kept it tighter

Gerrard scored lots of goals, but he took free kicks and penalties and played in a more attacking role for us for the majority of his career for example, I was comparing apples with apples, hendo's stats to player playing the same position that season and playing the sort of role he has always been used in, you should try it, it gives a more accurate reflection of how good or not a player is in their role for our team, comparing an attacking midfielder, some of whom have free roles like De Bruyne and Gerrard when he was used at No10 who also take free kicks, corners and pens with a midfielder used more defensively who don't take corners, free kicks or pens and spend nearly as much time advanced far higher up the pitch nearer to goal is a nonsense, actually moronic thing to do
    When Henderson signed we had Lucas operating in the defensive midfield role, Henderson was employed in an advanced role, like Gerrard was. He was so successful he almost went to Fulham after his first season.

Can't compare Gerrard to Hendo. Gerrard is one of the best players to ever wear the shirt.

If anyone thinks the same applies to Henderson they need sectioning and fast.

Gerrard’s last 3 years
    2012/13 - 46 games 11 goals& 11 assists
    2013/14 - 39 games 14 goals & 16 assists
    2014/15 - 40 games 11 goals & 1 assist (lack of a plural for assists - he was already off to the MLS)

125 games 25 goals & 28 assists

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I had a look and must admit - I am not surprised..

Henderson

2018/19 - 44 games - 1 goal & 5 assists (note the lack of a plural for goals)
    2019?20 - 48 games - 4 goals & 5 assists
    2019/20 - 28 games - 1 goal & 1 assist (note the double lack of a plural)

6 goals and 11 assists in 120 games. Last 3 years.

Even 19 can't pretend these numbers are anything other than poor. And he has been at his best these last few years too. While he has been absolutely key for us - you could argue that was due to a lack of better quality options. Scoring goals and shooting are stand out weak points for Jordan Henderson and anyone who knows football - knows this.
    Yes and look at the figures of other players playing at DM, look at Fabs average in the same position, roughly 1 goal in every 30 THIRTY games 1 assist in every 17 games

Last season prior to injury from DM 4 goals 5 assists and numerous playmaking passes that released a player to assist

Kante 3 goals 0 (zero) assists
    Rodri 3 goals 2 assists
    N'Didi 2 goals 1 assists

Yes Henderson, best in his position in the entire league More assists than Kante, Rodri and N'Didi combined, playing the same position

If Gerrard had played for Klopp - you could increase those numbers easily. Played 20 games at DM in 2013/14 too.

Gerrard - different gear 19... Come on mate...

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Yes and look at the figures of other players playing at DM, look at Fabs average in the same position, roughly 1 goal in every 30 THIRTY games 1 assist in every 17 games

Last season prior to injury from DM 4 goals 5 assists and numerous playmaking passes that released a player to assist

Kante 3 goals 0 (zero) assists
    Rodri 3 goals 2 assists
    N'Didi 2 goals 1 assists

Yes Henderson, best in his position in the entire league More assists than Kante, Rodri and N'Didi combined, playing the same position
    Its not got him anywhere. Kante will be playing in the CL final, so will Rodri, who has just won the title, and Ndidi has now got an FA cup winners medal.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Can't compare Gerrard to Hendo. Gerrard is one of the best players to ever wear the shirt.

If anyone thinks the same applies to Henderson they need sectioning and fast.

Gerrard’s last 3 years
    2012/13 - 36 games 9 goals (4 of them pens) 9 assists (mostly from corners and free kicks)
    2013/14 - 39 games 13 goals (10 of them pens 2 from direct free kicks) 13 assists (mostly from corners and free kicks)
    2014/15 - 40 games 9 goals (4 of them pens 1 from a direct free kick) & 1 assist (lack of a plural for assists - he was already off to the MLS)

125 games 25 goals & 28 assists
    They're not accurate figures either, I'm looking at his wiki right now and his Premier League stats

Its not got him anywhere. Kante will be playing in the CL final, so will Rodri, who has just won the title, and Ndidi has now got an FA cup winners medal.
    It won us the Champions League and Premier League you muppet, and Hendo absolutely was never going to let the Premier League title slip