Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CL Season 3 - QF 1st leg predictions

31 attempts 12 on target to PSG’s 6 attempts with 5 on target. A lesson in what ruthless strikers can do for a team.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    31 attempts 12 on target to PSG’s 6 attempts with 5 on target. A lesson in what ruthless strikers can do for a team.
    I must hunt for stats at some stage for our 3-0 loss to Barca. I remember Ballague saying it's the most dominant display he had seen in years by an opposition side at the Nou Camp, yet we still lost 3-0!

Mad how matches play out sometimes.

Quality of chances is important too of course - PSG were able to profit from the high line Bayern played rather than shoot against a camped box.

Has to be said the stats for the second leg were different with Barca close to 60% of the ball - but to be expected when chasing the game.

I still do lot know how we won that 4:0.. Barca with Messi and Suarez failing to register a single goal. Another miracle like Istanbul?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Smashing. Thank you.

Has to be said the stats for the second leg were different with Barca close to 60% of the ball - but to be expected when chasing the game.

I still do lot know how we won that 4:0.. Barca with Messi and Suarez failing to register a single goal. Another miracle like Istanbul?
    Before the game, i thought we had no chance of turning it around. Once the first one went in after 7 minutes, i knew we had every chance.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I keep saying it but if we can get the ball in their box and attack it. we have every chance.. We seem to be over playing and getting nowhere.. then we lose it and are wide open.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

2:0 takes us through.

Very achievable considering the age of that Real midfield and the potential for Ramos to be absent.

However we look a pale imitation of who we were in 2019... just have to hope Klopp and the lads wake up - get that fire in their bellies and can put it on the pitch for 90+ minutes in an empty Anfield.

2:0 takes us through.

Very achievable considering the age of that Real midfield and the potential for Ramos to be absent.

However we look a pale imitation of who we were in 2019... just have to hope Klopp and the lads wake up - get that fire in their bellies and can put it on the pitch for 90+ minutes in an empty Anfield.
    Yeah ok. Good luck with that.

I think this Real team are better than that Barcelona team, they were in total control on Tuesday.