Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 37404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Madrid v Liverpool (CL Match Thread)

How many minutes do you think Mane/Salah/Firmino could safely play a season and stay safe/fresh?

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    pressing teams are fine if the opposition have no intension of counter attacking.. means you only have to cover the oppositions half. Messi could get away with not having to run backwards to defend.
    In his later years that's true, and it's been true of our forwards over recent times too to an extent.
    In his pomp in that team he worked his arse off.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    How many minutes do you think Mane/Salah/Firmino could safely play a season and stay safe/fresh?
    probably ideally no more than 2/3s of all games played in a season. Thats were a quality squad of players counts. You just have to look at City. That's the bench mark for squads if you want to win season in season out.

On the plus side we got an away goal which means we have to score at least 2 whatever happens. We just have to keep the door shut at the back. ( WHAT ?) 😆😆

Our best hope is that RM turn up thinking they’re already in the semifinals. I can’t see that happening mind.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Messi raked up around 15,000 minutes over 3 seasons in club football alone.
    At his peak he played with an amazing intensity in one of the best pressing sides I've ever seen. Xavi and insists too unbelievable hard workers off the ball.
    Not sure how you saw them as anything else tbh.
    Virgil racked up 9000 in 2018/19 and 2019/20.

And that’s playing his first full seasons for Liverpool - not walking around like Messi does 7 games in 10 in La Liga with a team chock full of world class players but marshalling a back line in the Premier league. To compare that with Messi playing in arguably the best club side in history...! Come on mate - if you were trying to highlight how little you know about this game you would struggle to do a better job.

Provide evidence Messi played 15,000 minutes in league football over 3 seasons.. I can’t find it.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Our best hope is that RM turn up thinking they’re already in the semifinals. I can’t see that happening mind.
    It would require us to be both tight/controlled in defence and midfield, and to not make any stupid errors. I cannot see any of those things occurring, never mind all of them.

@CC

FYI 15,000 minutes of club football in 3 seasons is 166 games at a full 90 minutes. Or 55.5 club games a season.

Bugger me that is one tough effing league that Spanish one.

Do we think perhaps you have made a mistake?

I have checked and it’s far less than 15,000 minutes in any 3 seasons I can find plus many of those games were Cup games even less taxing than the usual league games the great Barcelona faced. This is before we look at the wealth of world class ballers around him and amount of walks Lionel was taking.

It’s simple- you haven’t watched LaLiga
    Last edited by Steveo; 7th April 2021 at 09:02 PM.

the system’s finished. end of.

we need to get rid of ljinders and krawietz in the summer and bring in new innovative guys.

can we see a new template?

i don’t know, and with the blatant corruption on show on top of our own shit show, i’m falling out of love with footy.

last night hurt me bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    @CC

FYI 15,000 minutes of club football in 3 seasons is 166 games at a full 90 minutes. Or 55.5 club games a season.

Bugger me that is one tough effing league that Spanish one.

Do we think perhaps you have made a mistake?

I have checked and it’s far less than 15,000 minutes in any 3 seasons I can find plus many of those games were Cup games even less taxing than the usual league games the great Barcelona faced. This is before we look at the wealth of world class ballers around him and amount of walks Lionel was taking.

It’s simple- you haven’t watched LaLiga
    He played over 14000 minutes from seasons starting 2009-2011 that would have included CL finals and possible world club games too.

The season he played the most games is 2014/15 he played 5453 minutes that was another CL win I think when Suarez was there.

La Liga is not as intense as the EPL though I don’t have stats for that I judge it on what I see with my eyes they work hard when they need to but as Brendan would say they rest on the ball.

Messi would score plenty of City if he joined but he would be blowing out of his arse with the demands Pep would put on him too.