Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394243444546474849505152535455 LastLast

Thread: Real Madrid v Liverpool (CL Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by boom-klopp View Post
    no moron, we had the full team vs villa and got destroyed. watford? you’re gonna blame “covid” for that are you?

if the system is torn apart with a small squad then it’s flawed isn’t it? it needs a re-think so in the event of injuries it can still function.

teams even with virgil and joe at the back targeted trent with long diagonal balls over the top.

do you actually watch the game or do you just sit there talking shit like you have a constant habit of doing?
    Go to fuck.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I said club football. If you want to interpret that as league minutes that's your choice.

However, there are only 38 games in either league for a team to play. 38x90mins=3,420 mins.
    Using this basic bit of brain work one might have figured out that substituting in league for club was a pretty daft idea.
    I am not interpreting that as league minutes - even though the bulk of it is naturally.

Please watch Messi even now playing in a far weaker Barcelona side than years gone by.

Watch El Classico this weekend - then compare with Mané or Bobby , or any of our players playing for us v any premier league side you choose. Pick the weakest side in our league as a barometer of it makes life easier for you.

You will see the HUGE difference in work. Much more sedate league and Messi has a team built around him - that’s why he can walk through games.

This really shouldn’t need explaining to anyone who wants to talk about football.

As I see it ( despite attempts to bend reality to our own will ) too few players have played in too many high profile games in Klopp’s extremely energy sapping system.

This may or may not be a fault of Klopp ( I can conceded this ) and his plan but I also believe that without that system our squad isn’t close to a good enough to have achieved what we have.

This means that every one of his preferred 12/13 players has effectively been run into the ground.

This does not happen with a bigger better squad. That does not happen unless you get better backing. Certainly better than 14th in the Premier League.

Comparing our players individual minutes inside that high intensity setup we had with the exceptional circumstance of Lionel Messi in his and Barcelona’s pomp - to me at least - is unfair.

Our players go through the mill - they don’t get strolls in the park like Barcelona did so often in LaLiga v the likes of Elche or the Copa Del Rey against AD Alcorcón - or Club World Cup games against the Kashima Antlers but gruelling premier league games - where opposition battle for every minute of the 90 as though their lives depend on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    As I see it ( despite attempts to bend reality to our own will ) too few players have played in too many high profile games in Klopp’s extremely energy sapping system.

This may or may not be a fault of Klopp ( I can conceded this ) and his plan but I also believe that without that system our squad isn’t close to a good enough to have achieved what we have.

This means that every one of his preferred 12/13 players has effectively been run into the ground.

This does not happen with a bigger better squad. That does not happen unless you get better backing. Certainly better than 14th in the Premier League.

Comparing our players individual minutes inside that high intensity setup we had with the exceptional circumstance of Lionel Messi in his and Barcelona’s pomp - to me at least - is unfair.

Our players go through the mill - they don’t get strolls in the park like Barcelona did so often in LaLiga v the likes of Elche or the Copa Del Rey against AD Alcorcón - or Club World Cup games against the Kashima Antlers but gruelling premier league games - where opposition battle for every minute of the 90 as though their lives depend on it.
    On the flip side I don’t think he gets the loyalty of players required to run through brick walls again and again if he has a much bigger squad with a lot more rotation. The bond between him and the players would never get as strong. I think it’s time to accept that it’s a great system with flaws like any other. This teams period of heavy metal football is over and it’s either rebuild or move on.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    On the flip side I don’t think he gets the loyalty of players required to run through brick walls again and again if he has a much bigger squad with a lot more rotation. The bond between him and the players would never get as strong. I think it’s time to accept that it’s a great system with flaws like any other. This teams period of heavy metal football is over and it’s either rebuild or move on.
    I am coming around to this way of thinking too.

To be fair it would also back up some of what CC has been saying.

The squad we have isn't as bad or threadbare as some are suggesting. We have some very serviceable players that can come in from time to time and do a job.

And they have done a job in previous seasons. Both Origi and Shaq have contributed in recent years. Origi hasn't played at all this season.

The issue we've had this season is that we've lost players for long periods and all at the same time and in the same position.

We're definately a CB short though. Even if we still had Lovren it'd still be Lovren and 'an other'.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Shaqiri has offered sod all in the last 2 years. hes hardly played mostly because of injury.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Go to fuck.
    hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Spot on IMHO
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

I see theres "rumours" going around that Mane and Firmino are not getting along with Salah..I really cant stand players that put their ego first before the team. Argue all you want off the pitch fucking preform when your on it.. Salah deserves his money.. Firmino doesnt simple has that.. Anyway if thats the case maybe just more shit.