Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 38414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast

Thread: Real Madrid v Liverpool (CL Match Thread)

http://www.barcelonafootballblog.com...ers-run-means/

Please read. It is common knowledge that Messi runs less than almost any outfield player. He is given a totally free reign and his unique role at Barca cannot be compared with any of our workhorses. Our workhorses have to be rested for cup games that’s IF we are still in one because Klopp knows full well they are running and batting more in 1 game than Messi is 5.

CC trying to cite Messi’s minutes is very desperate or ignorant of the huge difference in intensity between the Spanish game and the Premier league. The Champions league itself is far less taxing to play games in than our crazy domestic game.

And as I said 14,000 is a lot less than 15,000.
    Last edited by Steveo; 7th April 2021 at 09:28 PM.

I never said Messi is a workhorse but he has played around 14300 mins so you are correct.

He does run less but the amounts of goals and assists he gets it was fine for him to do that as he gets older those numbers will dip then it perhaps becomes a problem.

I don’t think he could play 38 games for us under Klopp he would be shattered.

Precisely - 30 games playing Klopp’s game and he would walk.

I don’t know how anyone can fail to see the huge drop in energy levels our entire team has shown since last February. Our intensity has massively dropped. That’s why the goals have dried up.

Now Klopp is not blameless but he simply doesn’t have the required squad to keep it going. He can’t be held responsible for not working more miracles.
    Last edited by Steveo; 7th April 2021 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Precisely - 30 games playing Klopp’s way and he would walk!
    Isn't that what he does anyway? That's why he needs certain kinds of players around him.

http://www.barcelonafootballblog.com...ers-run-means/

Please read. It is common knowledge that Messi runs less than almost any outfield player. He is given a totally free reign and his unique role at Barca cannot be compared with any of our workhorses. Our workhorses have to be rested for cup games that’s IF we are still in one because Klopp knows full well they are running and batting more in 1 game than Messi is 5.

CC trying to cite Messi’s minutes is very desperate or ignorant of the huge difference in intensity between the Spanish game and the Premier league. The Champions league itself is far less taxing to play games in than our crazy domestic game.

And as I said 14,000 is a lot less than 15,000.
    I remember something about Messi walks more than any other footballer, especially at the start of matches from kick off.
    It obviously works for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I remember something about Messi walks more than any other footballer, especially at the start of matches from kick off.
    It obviously works for him.
    Absolutely - and he has been out of this world BUT he has had it so easy at Barca too. The entire team is built for Messi.l - to maximise Messi and pander to Messi.

The system does work so nob off Boom..We just dont have the squad to be able to play it when there are injuries.,
    No real cover for Mane Firmino or Salah.. No real cover in midfield and at the back..Klopp likes his small squads. no good if your decimated with injuries.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    The system does work so nob off Boom..We just dont have the squad to be able to play it when there are injuries.,
    No real cover for Mane Firmino or Salah.. No real cover in midfield and at the back..Klopp likes his small squads. no good if your decimated with injuries.
    no moron, we had the full team vs villa and got destroyed. watford? you’re gonna blame “covid” for that are you?

if the system is torn apart with a small squad then it’s flawed isn’t it? it needs a re-think so in the event of injuries it can still function.

teams even with virgil and joe at the back targeted trent with long diagonal balls over the top.

do you actually watch the game or do you just sit there talking shit like you have a constant habit of doing?

@CC

FYI 15,000 minutes of club football in 3 seasons is 166 games at a full 90 minutes. Or 55.5 club games a season.

Bugger me that is one tough effing league that Spanish one.

Do we think perhaps you have made a mistake?

I have checked and it’s far less than 15,000 minutes in any 3 seasons I can find plus many of those games were Cup games even less taxing than the usual league games the great Barcelona faced. This is before we look at the wealth of world class ballers around him and amount of walks Lionel was taking.

It’s simple- you haven’t watched LaLiga
    I said club football. If you want to interpret that as league minutes that's your choice.

However, there are only 38 games in either league for a team to play. 38x90mins=3,420 mins.
    Using this basic bit of brain work one might have figured out that substituting in league for club was a pretty daft idea.

Quote Originally Posted by boom-klopp View Post
    no moron, we had the full team vs villa and got destroyed. watford? you’re gonna blame “covid” for that are you?

if the system is torn apart with a small squad then it’s flawed isn’t it? it needs a re-think so in the event of injuries it can still function.

teams even with virgil and joe at the back targeted trent with long diagonal balls over the top.

do you actually watch the game or do you just sit there talking shit like you have a constant habit of doing?
    No they didn't, they tried to realese runners in behind him through center to left balls, mostly from a player for transitions in Fabs area, until Feb 2019 when Hendo was brought back in

Our midfield is nowhere near as good when Hendo's out and Hendo's best position is No6 for us
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”