Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2831323334353637383940414243444548 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Madrid v Liverpool (CL Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    You can’t be playing Real Madrid with Phillips and Kabak as your CB’s and genuinely expect anything much more than this.

We needed to strengthen in summer 2019 - did zero - last summer we needed an upgrade on Lovren - instead we chose to pocket the cash and gamble.

This January we needed to buy a quality Centre back to hold that back line..... wait for it....... we bought Bottom of the Championship Davies who hasn’t played and Nottom of the Bundesliga rookie Kabak...

FSG have been absolute joke owners from the moment we bagged number 6.
    Phillips and Kabak (for as mediocre as they both were), weren't the reason we we're incapable of getting another away goal or even getting something like a draw out of there.
    They weren't the reason we looked so bereft of ideas, invention or decisiveness up front and completely played into Madrid's gameplan.

All Real Madrid did was watch our Anfield games this season to know what they needed to do to get a result here, and it worked to a "t".

We need a proper Number 9 up front who can actually score goals and doesn't just "bring something else" to the team.
    And someone needs to get into Mane's ear and ask him what the fuck his problem is exactly.
    He's just been awful not just in this game but this season overall, and particularly in this second half.

But yes, FSG do have their work cut out for them for this summer transfer window.
    Are they up to it?
    Remains to be seen.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Disagree sid, we were setup to fail tonight.

Klopp unwittingly put Keita on the right side of our midfield, who left real get overloads v trent time and again.

That was a complete fuck up tonight from Klopp to the players.

Advantage real, a good nights football sees us through
    Fair play to you CCTV. I admire your belief after what we just watched.

Real were so savvy in midfield. I personally can't see us overcoming that AND making next to no errors on top of that. But hey, who knows. Weirder things have happened.

We probably need a goal in the first 15 minutes of the second leg, with a massively energetic performance, to give me faith. One shot on target that I can recall (the goal) on a night where they missed Varane and Ramos - it's tough this.

Really respect your Faith in the side. Normally I'd be brimming with it but this has been a very unusual season.

Really - for me Phillips is not playing for anyone with ambitions of being in the top half of the Premier league and Kabak is just a kid:
    I get your point, but to be fair to both of them, they have done alright recently. Can’t blame them for any of the goals tonight. Alison, Trent and Fabinho all responsible. The goals were coming and as we always mention, you could see which Liverpool was showing up in the first few minutes. The 2021 one as CD accurately put it

Yep all Klopp’s fault - thank god he has been backed so well by those wonderful pals of yours in Boston. Otherwise we might be fighting for top 4....

Oh wait...
    Klopp had 8 champions league winners in the starting line up. Boston had nothing to do with this result. Also If you can't beat West Brom, Newcastle, Burnley, Brighton with the squad we have then It is not a cheque book issue. Klopp missed s trick when he shifted Fabinho and Henderson to the back. Kabak and Philips conceded for the first time today as a unit and Trent and Alison is more to blame for that or the defence as a unit whole team. We could have picked up much more pts but Klopp sacrificed Jota for bought and then tried to prove he can make Fabinho and Henderson Mascheranos.

All 3 of their goals should have been prevented, the defending for all 3 was comical at this level

Yep all Klopp’s fault - thank god he has been backed so well by those wonderful pals of yours in Boston. Otherwise we might be fighting for too 4....

Oh wait...
    Yawn...

He had a team to set out and play a match tonight.

He started keita and it took him 45 mins to get a simple augmentation of the setup, achieved at half time.
    Keita performance was awful first half.

The players take their share of the blame too, a limp dick performance from many. Shite first half all round, and they did more in the opening five minutes of the second half than the first half.

JWH would have started milner in midfield ahead of Keita, even Jones

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    All were shite not sure think Kabak was okay. But ththe reat were absolute droll. Klopp number 1 on the list, then Alison, then Tent and Mane and you can slot them as you want. Salah was absolutely horrendous couldn't control a watermelon.
    It seems that the autocorrect on whatever device you are using is having almost as much of mare tonight as our team/manager just had.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    I get your point, but to be fair to both of them, they have done alright recently. Can’t blame them for any of the goals tonight. Alison, Trent and Fabinho all responsible. The goals were coming and as we always mention, you could see which Liverpool was showing up in the first few minutes. The 2021 one as CD accurately put it
    Agree with both you and Steveo. Phillips has been okay but the first goal shoes his level. Kabak is going to be a good footballer. To what level we will see. He looks like someone that can grow.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    He has been woeful for months.
    Really every single time
    Bad control , falls over, bad pass etc
    It's the turning and dribbling into a wall of opposition defenders over and over again and repeatedly getting dispossessed that really does me head in with him.

Over and over again.

Even when an open pass to a better positioned teammate is there.
    And worse, half the time he's not even turning into a better shooting position - almost like he's intentionally looking to make it harder on himself.

And then off the ball just walking lazily instead of running to make himself available for a pass or just to spread the defense and open up spaces for other teammates.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

No system is perfect. we get found out when we push our full back on. Fulham got into spaces on the left and right.. Thats how Madrid played long balls across the pitch and down the sides. Thats the price you play when you play that system. if we had and out and out winger. we could keep the full back further deeper... but our fullbacks is what give us the width.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century