Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920212223242528 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Madrid v Liverpool (CL Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    We still dont play with any main striker. Jota runs about everywhere. keep him up the pitch to press the centre backs Dropping off gives them time on the ball at the back..
    One dimensi0nal from Klopp. No focal point. It works when the whole unit is fluid. But when it is not you need that proper 9 setup.

Come on HLOGI we are missing a few - I agree Klopp is clueless about midfield - he just doesn’t get it - The fact we still need Henderson so badly tells it’s own story BUT Klopp is an amazing manager

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Nobody - he has no other choice.
    Centre backs have been okay. Midfield have been dour and rigjt back diabolical.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Alison seems susceptible to a low quick shot close to him. He is a brilliant pepper but not the best on the floor imo.
    Yep. He not flawless, and he has the occasional dodgy period, but when he's hot he's hot.

Klopp clearly scared witless before this game and with good reason.

Phillips and Kabak at Centre back V Real Madrid. It might work v an Arsenal side scared of there own shadow.... But against Real Madrid!! Really...?

One is a Championship player the other is a pure novice from the Bundesliga.
    Yep, their first goal Virgil would have seen that coming and just moved the line up and played him offside
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Come on HLOGI we are missing a few - I agree Klopp is clueless about midfield - he just doesn’t get it - The fact we still need Henderson so badly tells it’s own story BUT Klopp is an amazing manager
    Klopp powder is dry. We will al see it next season when the we missing players and fans etc excuse is no more. Other coaches have found him out. I am not saying he may not be successful but he needs to bring in his type of players. Young. Hungry and unproven. Players who want that hug.

Sunday league that first goal.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Yep. He not flawless, and he has the occasional dodgy period, but when he's hot he's hot.
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Does Klopp know any other formati0n besides 433 except when he tries to shoe horn Firmino in and plays S one strange type of 4231.

I can see other Managers playing 4 midfielders in a diamond and a 10 with the intent to keep it right and hit with pace.

Klopp is not tactically astute. Just a great man motivator. We probably come back from this in the second leg with fans. Because Klopp stirs up that frenzy and Anfield with the faithful is something else. But without the fans Klopp is so dry and his team.
    I'd love to hear a journo press him on his choice to start Naby tonight on the right side of midfield.
    Journos tend to ask shit questions but I'd live to know his thinking on the matter.

Bit harsh on Klopp, hes stubbornly committed to 433, but its brought us success and tonight for example you just can't count on your rcm having a jog about whilst your rb has his own mare

Salah is AWOL. Not many world class players go missing against a make shift defence.