Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2629303132333435363738394041424346 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Madrid v Liverpool (CL Match Thread)

We're lucky to be still in the tie.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Unfortunately that tie looks dead and buried. I know we are used to conjuring 2nd-leg miracles, but Anfield without fans - eeesh - think it's too big an ask.

There will be a bit of an inquest there.

Need to bounce back against Villa.
    Disagree sid, we were setup to fail tonight.

Klopp unwittingly put Keita on the right side of our midfield, who left real get overloads v trent time and again.

That was a complete fuck up tonight from Klopp to the players.

Advantage real, a good nights football sees us through

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Saw nothing impressive with Fabinho or jota. Salah got a goal and ran all over the place but gave it away for sport.
    It’s effort apparently...

They were all shit.
    Keita, Robertson, Wijnaldum mane with a special mention though.

Klopp with his brain fart of a starting 11 and substitutions also gets a shout.

Still in it, but fucking hell we look like a Sunday league team.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    We're lucky to be still in the tie.
    Yeah, the performance and setup was so bad tonight, that's the positive I'd take from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    Agreed...With a full house and a fit VVD/Gomez/Matic at CB I'd still be reasonably optimistic....
    Even if they had Ramos and Varane?

We are out of miracles

We reverted to the Liverpool of earlier this year (and from a few weeks ago pre-international break, really) of no movement and stagnant all over the pitch, looking confused, pensive and lacking any ideas and just wanting to pass it back and forth, and then falling apart defensively when the other team wins the ball back on the break.

Lack of any ideas or cohesion upfront; everyone trying to win it all by themselves (biggest culprits here being Mane and Mo constantly running into walls of Real defenders and losing us possession after possession even when a pass was there), and then a gash midfield that just brought nothing at all to the table.

I'm really trying to be sympathetic to the view of the Gini fans out there but someone is really gonna have to help me understand why he is simply incapable of bringing his international form back to the club.

6-8 months ago, I'd have given us a chance to be able to pull of the necessary 2 goals at Anfield we need and to keep them quiet, but the Liverpool we've seen of late.......AT ANFIELD?
    You're going to have to work really hard to convince me that this isn't curtains for our season right here, and maybe just start preparing for next season.
    I don't even believe we'll make top 4, so really no Champions League football next season seems about right.

Seems like it's City's cup to win given how they came back and won today.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

All in all, that was bloody awful. In the end that goal gifted by Trent was the killer.

But Real gave us a footballing lesson. Every single one of our players was below par.

Klopp talking to the dick of a ref on the way off, he was as bad as any of our player bar Keita who was a bizarre selection from the off.

All the talk about them lacking legs and good defenders was total bollox, they passed it well, the moved well to make space and their touch was excellent all through the team whereas the ball was bouncing away from our lads.

That was quite like the Arsenal game at the weekend with us in the role of Arsenal.

When we lost 3-0 to Barcelona we were in that game all the way through whereas tonight we were miles off.

Doesn’t look like we have any chance of turning this round, they were better in all 11 positions.

A Real football lesson.

Unlikely heroes required next Wednesday

Not at all good tonight apart from a 10-15 minute spell second half

the lack of quality at CB showed up badly tonight, I thought Phillips did alright except for not picking up their lad for the third, their first, he needed a Virgil next to him to step up and get him out for that one

Intensity is never what we need it to be with Captain fantastic out, even when we play well in his absence, the intensity is never at or near our top level

Keita was an error, I can see why he tried it, but it was a disaster

Their second goal, well, their defender should have been off, Mane was wrong side of him, looking like getting to the cross and he knew it, only had eyes for the man and took him out, last man too, think the officials absolutely bottled that decision, they give it, their lad has to go
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

You can’t be playing Real Madrid with Phillips and Kabak as your CB’s and genuinely expect anything much more than this.

We needed to strengthen in summer 2019 - did zero - last summer we needed an upgrade on Lovren - instead we chose to pocket the cash and gamble.

This January we needed to buy a quality Centre back to hold that back line..... wait for it....... we bought Bottom of the Championship Davies who hasn’t played and Nottom of the Bundesliga rookie Kabak...

FSG have been absolute joke owners from the moment we bagged number 6.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    It’s effort apparently...

They were all shit.
    Keita, Robertson, Wijnaldum mane with a special mention though.

Klopp with his brain fart of a starting 11 and substitutions also gets a shout.

Still in it, but fucking hell we look like a Sunday league team.
    No, we look like Liverpool FC, 2021.

We've flattered to deceive a little bit in some of our past few games, but really this is the same team we've been watching all of this (Calendar) year.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!