Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3336373839404142434445464748495053 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Madrid v Liverpool (CL Match Thread)

@19 Not for me... These are classic signs of players overused and shot to shit. Robbo is all about 110% commitment he isn’t top quality on the football ( just look at him shoot or even short pass) but committed - rapid and tenacious. I have never seen a player put in more work than Robbo. BUT it can’t last - the human body is fallible.

You keep mentioning the last few years - well 2 years of playing like Robbo has without regular breaks and rest periods leads to what you see now in Robbo and also
    Others.

We simply haven’t invested in players to swap and rotate. Has Robbo become crap? Mané ? Bobby? How about Trent? Or even Gini?...

No coincidence so many are on the treatment table or simply miles off form.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    With a full crowd it would be an ask but not insurmountable but you just cant see them not scoring whilst we chase goals.
    Their midfield 2 despite their age is still as good as any in the world. At 2-1 we looked like getting back in it but that 3rd goal was absolutely awful to concede from a literal nothing throw in, 2 passes after in the net. He didn't even strike it that well.
    I agree you can see them opening us up once at least.

We might beat em but not by enough goals.

Madrid are a good side still not what they were 3-5 years ago but the way BT were talking as if Zidane was managing Newport County !

I will like everyone watch in hope but deep down I think its done.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Owen actually nailed a part of what's been wrong this season, a big part of how we played was reliant on our being able to attack sides and be entirely secure leaving our 2 CBs, Virgil and Matip, 2v2 at the back

That's why, although they have done reasonably well, I would probably keep Phillips as a 5th CB for cup games and emergencies, and I wouldn't sign Kabak, we need another top class commanding CB
    Yep, would agree 100% with that. The injuries to the CBs has messed up how we play. But it has been said that it may show a weakness in klopp in that he can't adjust?

Agree on the CBs although I think kabak as 4th choice. He is young and I think has more develoopment in him than Philips. But if money is an issue then scrap kabak and keep Philips.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Stopping playing long balls to the wings stopped mane working hard and being able to control a pass or get on the end of chances?? If that’s the case we’d be better off without surely if that’s all it takes to turn him into a mid table player.
    Players get used to a way of playing, and the team playing to their strengths, they were Mane's and Robbo's strengths, and if they aren't having their best game, doing those things really well and being a continually thorn in the oppositions side even if things aren't quite coming off, keeps their confidence up for when a chance or the opportunity to create one presents itself
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Agreed on drawing the line under the season. But I'm starting to worry that a lot of these players need replacing and may not recover their form.
    Players need to be replaced all the time. It's not actually replacing them that is the big issue. One of the main reasons the Red Mancs were successful for so long was because their manager refreshed their team/squad on a regular basis, as well as knowing when certain players need to be ushered out of the door.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Me too. The obvious defensive issues have been a big problem but form of a lot of players is concerning. The squad has gone from looking very good at one point to now looking like it needs major bolstering.
    Its been said a trillion times now but failing to add to the squad is FSGs biggest cock up yet. It just remains to be seen wether they act or not.
    100%
    I thought we were finally on the cusp of a great squad to compete for a prolonged period of time. Can't remember having that.

The problem is, they didn’t have to do anything special tonight to score three ridiculously easy goals. So they are obviously going to score another couple at Anfield.
    Long 50 yard ball over the top, assist from our own right back and the third from a straight forward throw in. At this level we’re going to get found out.

Look at the Centre Backs for heavens sake - this is supposed to be Liverpool FC. Liverpool FC playing Real posing Madrid...! FFS

FS fucking G - what a shambles

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Players need to be replaced all the time. It's not actually replacing them that is the big issue. One of the main reasons the Red Mancs were successful for so long was because their manager refreshed their team/squad on a regular basis, as well as knowing when certain players need to be ushered out of the door.
    Ferguson was great at doing it. Not many has replicated it without huge cash to back them.

Jota on the left and Firmino up front for me until end of season origi as rotation, mane in the reserves hopefully someone will buy him in the summer, his attitude stinks for all the stick I give Firmino at least he looks arsed and wouldn't of let Kroos pick out a pass while mane just watches.

Disgusting