Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 444474849505152535455 LastLast

Thread: Real Madrid v Liverpool (CL Match Thread)

Specifics of what? Minutes played and now miles run?

Next up it will be which is worse for your car - 20 miles on a dirt road or 2000 miles on the motorway..?

Again impossible to actually prove one way or the other UNLESS you can see how uneven the dirt road is. I see the dirt road you clearly don’t.

Mané puts more of his body on the line to my eye than Sterling ever did. Sterling runs a ton but he isn’t as defensively astute to my eye or as willing to risk injury... that’s what I see - and Sterling has better players and more players and players to come in for him if his level drops.

I don’t feel the need to say this because it is so bleeding obvious to anyone who watches the game.

We'll get through im sure of it.. some ones in for an hiding and its gonna be the diver Madrids
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Specifics of what? Minutes played and now miles run?

Next up it will be which is worse for your car - 20 miles on a dirt road or 2000 miles on the motorway..?

Again impossible to actually prove one way or the other UNLESS you can see how uneven the dirt road is. I see the dirt road you clearly don’t.

Mané puts more of his body on the line to my eye than Sterling ever did. Sterling runs a ton but he isn’t as defensively astute to my eye or as willing to risk injury... that’s what I see - and Sterling has better players and more players and players to come in for him if his level drops.

I don’t feel the need to say this because it is so bleeding obvious to anyone who watches the game.
    It's pretty simple, if mane plays a match and contributes as he does, what percentage of that workload do you and your expert eye deem Sterling has to contribute.

Is it 80% as demanding or pick any percentage you like.

Not looking for proof, looking for your expert opinion in a quantifiable percentage.

Can I just point out Messi was as useless as Mane, jota and Bobby was against Real tonight. He hasn't scored in the last 7 El Classico games.

I bet - it gets much tougher when you aren’t supported by a cast of World Cup & European Championship winners.
    Last edited by Steveo; 10th April 2021 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Can I just point out Messi was as useless as Mane, jota and Bobby was against Real tonight. He hasn't scored in the last 7 El Classico games.
    He still scores goals at a lower rate, but hes a total liability off the ball the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    He still scores goals at a lower rate, but hes a total liability off the ball the last few years.
    Who, Messi ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Not looking for proof, looking for your expert opinion in a quantifiable percentage.
    I am certainly no expert mate - I don’t even work in football.

Even if I were - it seems you are asking me to pluck a percentage out of the air. I can see no way to put a meaningful percentage on this.

BTW I see Sterling as far far less of a key player for City than Mané has been for us. He has played with better technicians and in a significantly bigger squad. It’s a very different scenario. Sterling performed or he had someone like Sane come in and his place could be gone. This is a natural motivator.

I don’t believe Salah, Mané or Bobby have had anything like that until Jota arrives and starts scoring. That’s an awful long time to be pushing yourself - knowing that you probably don’t actually need to reach such heights. You are starting regardless. It’s mentally exhausting. That’s before we look at the physical work and sacrifice Mané has made. Ditto Bobby ( the guy has literally put his body on the line ) and to a slightly lesser extent Salah.

This could be a big part of why the goals have dried up. The front 3 - like both Full Backs have all been in the same boat. Nobody is rotating with them and they are playing in every high profile game without fail.

This is where I feel for Klopp. He clearly only trusts a select few based on ability and drive - but he doesn’t have enough of them.

That doesn’t mean you are wrong.

It might just be that Klopp is happy with the small squad he has. That he doesn’t want more first team choices and perhaps even ok with the fact that the only viable options Ox - Keita & Matip are perennially unfit.

My prediction
    Liverpool 3-1, penalties will decide