Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Aston Villa

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    The ones giving us no chance in the return leg don't know what we are capable of.
    We're of course capable.

But we had one shot on target against them, whilst conceding fairly easy goals.

To get two goals is certainly plausible. But two, without reply, with next-to-no errors, against a savvy side, without fans in our Stadium just seems a big ask to me.

Not impossible of course. But I'm placing it in the unlikely category, personally.

Juggling the balance of enough attack to get two whilst not conceding chances to them requires a near-perfect performance.

A win against Villa would create some confidence, so let's go out and play our socks off for one.

No Grealish for Villa. We should manage a draw.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

No fucking about like for the Fulham game

Alisson

Trent Phillips Kabak Robertson

Thiago Fabinho Wijnaldum

Salah Jota Mane
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Get the fucking win, no repeats of the disgrace of the first meeting this season, Fab, Gini and Thiago HAVE to work it out between themselves and orchestrate the fucking press and communicate and talk to each other and direct each other, the complete absence of any of these things and any leadership from anyone in midfield or anywhere on the pitch for that matter against Real was absolutely shocking

The high line coming back against Real after recent successes with playing it deeper was a simply bizarre decision

The whole team has to be right back on it v Villa and no stupid high line please, they won that first meeting through our midfield being absolutely miles off it and through our high line and Villa trying a very simple trick, having a player or two run offside to then play the ball to another player running from a deeper position not offside

From the scoreline, it obviously worked devastatingly well, but that's what Villa did, had one or two runners to make runs our high line would step up to play offside and then play the ball to other players running from deep
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Alisson

Thiago Fabinho Milner

Salah Jota Mane

Gini is another who looks shot.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Alisson

Thiago Fabinho Milner

Salah Jota Mane

Gini is another who looks shot.
    That's tempting. I'd be tempted to use Milner against Real Madrid actually. Would play him in one of the matches, but not both - not sure which I would pick him for.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    That's tempting. I'd be tempted to use Milner against Real Madrid actually. Would play him in one of the matches, but not both - not sure which I would pick him for.
    He's played 1 game the past month, I find it hard to believe he can't play in both.

I bet Kroos and Modric play against Barca at the weekend plus us in midweek. Age didn't seem to bother them.

You do a lot less running if you don’t keep giving the ball to the opposition

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    You do a lot less running if you don’t keep giving the ball to the opposition
    It’s called being better players.

It’s what we need to develop into. Sadly you need plenty of cash to bring in players of that class...unless they are over the hill that is.