Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Aston Villa

Unless we are simply deadly with our finishing on wed, we'll need to run RM's midfield into the ground. For that to happen over 90 or 120 mins he cant risk playing the same mid 3 on sat and wed. Id expect to see jones and ox, maybe even shaq and the greek 2mrw. Robertson must be rested, must have as much outfield mins played this season as anyone. We've seen this before, weakended lineups for a game we should win in order to protect others for the game after.

Yep think you are right. It really is a case of where he thinks he can take a risk or not.

This entire season has been one big gamble from the start.

But of a boost for tomorrow

“Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish is expected to be out for another two weeks after suffering a setback in his comeback from injury.”

Liverpool: Alisson; Trent, Phillips, Kabak, Robertson; Fabinho, Milner, Wijnladum; Salah, Jota, Firmino

Substitutes: Adrian, R. Williams, Davies, Tsimikas, Thiago, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Keita, Shaqiri, Mane
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I would have rested Mané completely cannot see what impact he will bring off the bench in current form.

Liverpool XI

1 Alisson
    66 Alexander-Arnold
    47 Phillips
    19 Kabak
    26 Robertson
    7 Milner
    3 Fabinho
    5 Wijnaldum
    11 Salah
    9 Firmino
    20 Jota

Substitutes
    6 Thiago Alcántara
    8 Keita
    10 Mané
    13 Adrián
    15 Oxlade-Chamberlain
    21 Tsimikas
    23 Shaqiri
    28 Davies
    46 R Williams

Curtis Jones not even on the bench?? Is that Ben Davies i see.. shock horror (he)its aliveeeeeee like the frankenstein film
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I really would have liked to see Tsimikas get a game and give Robertson a much needed rest. But good to Milner get another start and Mane getting a rest

Decent starting 11 - despite the 2 CB’s just hope everyone is fit after 90 mins.

We have this game, away at Leeds and away at Old Trafford, they are the biggest games left in our season.

Even if and it’s a big IF, we get past Real in midweek we look nowhere near good enough to lift the Champions League this season, not without Virgil, Matip and Henderson.

Alisson

Trent Phillips Kabak Robertson

Milner Fabinho Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Jota

Get the win
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”