Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Weekend’s Other Games

What does that mean Spurs mean business ?? They are top 4 club at best they have NEVER been close to a title.

They are not as good as they were in 2019 which I guess you could say the same about us.

I think if they lose Kane its a huge loss for them even if they do bag £100m for him.

Tottenham wont stop.. but we will?? I think this is a blip for us.. I would fancy us to challenge again next season.. once we we get our solidity back.. We need to add at least 4 players and some real quality and we will be back.Who have Spurs got in their squad apart from Kane and Son?? the rest are average at best.. Ive never rated their keeper.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    They play some good stuff at times, it's just at the pointy end of the pitch that they struggle.
    It would be interesting to see the results of a deep statistical dig (by Opta or whoever) on their midfield.

Almost every time I see Brighton play I think they have one of the best-functioning midfields going, but are let down by what happens at the important ends of the pitch.

@LEGS

Investing big time in the longer term. Huge upfront costs in the infrastructure in the notoriously difficult and expensive heart of London.

It’s bold and brave and fortune favours both.

Let’s see where both clubs a few years after Klopp hasn’t been around.

Hopefully we wake up and get into the game but nothing I have witnessed in recent years has changed my view that shortly after Klopp is gone we are behind them and unable to catch up.

Who knows what will happen Spurs could turn into Arsenal in 3-4 years time.

I mean since Arsenal invested in a new ground sure they make more money but fans dont care about that they want to see their team win.

For all we know we might be in a European league in 10 years time its hard to predict.

Absolutely but the continued citing of Arsenal is a very poorly worn tread used mainly by Liverpool fans subconsciously underwhelmed or blindly unconcerned with the promised “redevelopment” of Anfield - which has to date ( 10 years and counting ) been about one single solitary stand.

What about Leicester - Brighton or Manchester City in England or Bayern, Atletico & Juventus on the continent? Have they all gone backwards like Arsenal? Arsenal held on to Wenger well past his sell by date... that is a very different story.

For every club that has genuinely invested in its infrastructure and seen a downturn in success there are many more that have quite the opposite and many others for whom it has made little difference.

As for the European super league. ? Really - I know our softly softly but greedy owners are licking their lips - at that prospect and this season has been Karma for their desires.. to be fair... but what gets me a little is that so many of the folk who say they don’t want a sugar daddy owner are quite ok with this purely elitist idea..?

Personally I don’t like it but I can roll with it. This sport has been totally ruined by money already.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Who knows what will happen Spurs could turn into Arsenal in 3-4 years time.
    I too lean more towards the idea of them falling away rather than bouncing back, though things change quickly in Football and that swing can happen in either direction though.

Estimated £1.77billion (yes, billion) of debt upon Swiss Ramble's last analysis. That's more than Barcelona. I know "rolling the dice" is seen as quite a glamorous idea by a lot of folk but I view that level of debt as lunacy, frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Absolutely but the continued citing of Arsenal is a very poorly worn tread used mainly by Liverpool fans subconsciously underwhelmed or blindly unconcerned with the promised “redevelopment” of Anfield - which has to date ( 10 years and counting ) been about one single solitary stand.

What about Leicester - Brighton or Manchester City in England or Bayern, Atletico & Juventus on the continent? Have they all gone backwards like Arsenal? Arsenal held on to Wenger well past his sell by date... that is a very different story.

For every club that has genuinely invested in its infrastructure and seen a downturn in success there are many more that have quite the opposite and many others for whom it has made little difference.

As for the European super league. ? Really - I know our softly softly but greedy owners are licking their lips - at that prospect and this season has been Karma for their desires.. to be fair... but what gets me a little is that so many of the folk who say they don’t want a sugar daddy owner are quite ok with this purely elitist idea..?

Personally I don’t like it but I can roll with it. This sport has been totally ruined by money already.
    Leicester/Brighton are also one club cities which helps.

Dont put Man City in your list its not roxket science how they are doing it.

No those 3 European teams havent gone backwards but two are by far the biggest in their country.

You seem obsessed with how Spurs are going to be bigger than us a team that finishes 3rd in a 2 horse race.

I will say this Arsenal will be back at some point they are having a very poor time of it but they will come back like we did.

Im not totally ok with European super league but it is possible it could happen its not just football all sports are greedy.

This myth our owners cooked this up is bullshit the big six were INVITED by Greg Clarke to attend a meeting but media said Us/Utd organised we didnt.

Our owners are not like me/you are they we are fans and all we care about is the team winning/doing well on the pitch.

Henry and Werner look at it from a business point of view.

I do agree 100% with you though we need to be bringing in 3-4 good players this summer.

2 CBs 1 CM 1 Forward.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Leicester/Brighton are also one club cities which helps.

Dont put Man City in your list its not roxket science how they are doing it.

No those 3 European teams havent gone backwards but two are by far the biggest in their country.

You seem obsessed with how Spurs are going to be bigger than us a team that finishes 3rd in a 2 horse race.

I will say this Arsenal will be back at some point they are having a very poor time of it but they will come back like we did.
    I am not the one making all
    Manner of excuses for clubs who have moved and done well while citing the one club to hold onto a sacred cow - and continually use it as evidence for something which it is not.

Also I am not obsessed with Spurs at all - I have simply utilised them to highlight a point to those who I feel need a little help with understanding.

That a team that has won literally nothing in eons - surrounded by more successful clubs and with a fan base - minute by comparison with ours - is STILL able to push the boat out and keep trying to get to the top. Whether they make it or not is not the pint either. The fact that they are even close to us and have been finishing as high or higher than us over the last 10 years is the point.

I don’t worry about Spurs dominating anything - I simply worry about us and the fact that Spurs could be ahead is deeply concerning to me:

I want us to be pushing to increase our power as much as they are with theirs. If we so - they can’t get close.