Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Weekend’s Other Games

Juves stadium is an interesting story, only a 41000 capacity ground. Costing about the same as the new stand at anfield.

The decision to stay at Anfield and build up the ground was one the fans wanted.
    Arsenal and west ham are 2 clubs where the decision to move grounds hasn't gone down well.

Was there once briefly, not for a game and sadly the kid wanted to go to the Tate rather than the stadium tour.
    The new stand looks beautiful, the surrounding area could do with some regeneration and from what I've read on here from ye some transport links would be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Juves stadium is an interesting story, only a 41000 capacity ground. Costing about the same as the new stand at anfield.

The decision to stay at Anfield and build up the ground was one the fans wanted.
    Arsenal and west ham are 2 clubs where the decision to move grounds hasn't gone down well.

Was there once briefly, not for a game and sadly the kid wanted to go to the Tate rather than the stadium tour.
    The new stand looks beautiful, the surrounding area could do with some regeneration and from what I've read on here from ye some transport links would be welcome.
    The change in the Anfield area and "the Matchday experience " since FSG has owned club has been remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    The old Fergie joke wasnt aimed at me so why would I respond.

You stated sacred cow I took that us fans obsession with Anfield.

Ok moving to a new stadium is a risk is a better way of putting it Arsenal went downhill that is a fact.

Spurs might go the same way they might not none of us know but the pandemic has cost them a packet lost music gigs/NFL/boxing events ....id say its a nightmare for them as well and proof is if they are so flush why they took a bank loan of over £100m ?

As ive said Spurs Leicester Arsenal can do what they like if we want to win or challenge for the title they arent who we should be worried about.

As Tees says people can moan all they like about spending but if City carry in spending £100-200m net each summer then there isnt much we can do.
    Deary me - the joke about Sarah Ferguson/Alex Ferguson was aimed at justme - it was directly in response to justme - pretty obvious..no? I even stated it went clean over “his” head..

And the sacred cow is Wenger - again, I assumed this was obvious.

Also yes moving stadium definitely comes with some risk. We don’t need to move - we just need to make Anfield a 70/80k monster...

Make it happen...
    Last edited by Steveo; 13th April 2021 at 08:06 PM.

Been going to Anfield since ‘70/71 with Tommy Lawrence in goal.

Love the ground, would never want to move, too many memories of great victories, players and managers never mind the atmosphere on a big Champions League night.

One thing I have noticed about the new main stand, it generates a hell of a lot more noise than it used to. A combination of greater numbers and better acoustics.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post

Love the ground, would never want to move, too many memories of great victories, players and managers never mind the atmosphere on a big Champions League night.

One thing I have noticed about the new main stand, it generates a hell of a lot more noise than it used to. A combination of greater numbers and better acoustics.
    It’s a great stand tbf we just need to do the poorly built Centernery/SKD stand with a carbon copy and square it off on Anfield Road.

Anfield has great history and in its day it was as modern as its rivals - it used to be balanced but since the new main stand it isn’t - wildly lol sided now and in need of some homogeneous design.

Plus most importantly - we need far more than 53,000 seats!!!
    Last edited by Steveo; 13th April 2021 at 08:35 PM.

I don't want us to become another soulless football club. Anfield isn't perfect, but there are reasons why " magical European nights under the lights at Anfield" is a thing and talked about by those who have witnessed it either live or on tv/the radio.

It can be massively improved - as it has been over the years. Every stand I have been in bar the Kop has been rebuilt ( even the Kop has had works ) - that must not stop.

It’s the fans that make the atmosphere not the corrugated iron

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post

And having plenty of bars on the concourse helps lubricate the vocal chords.

I think it's a combination of the two things. Upton park had a great atmosphere, whilst the Olympic Stadium does not. The fans are exactly the same ones as those who frequented the Boleyn.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    I think it's a combination of the two things. Upton park had a great atmosphere, whilst the Olympic Stadium does not. The fans are exactly the same ones as those who frequented the Boleyn.
    You won’t get a better night than St Etienne - and every stand has been changed since then.

People are struggling a bit on this issue. Yawn.

Please - to those who want to talk - go to the ground and sit in the Anny road or on the Kop or the centenary - even the posh seats - tell me they are fit for purpose in 2021... We are Liverpool football club - we can do better. New man in stand is great - just need 2 more...!

The club improved every stand already - when you watch the great European nights of Shankly’s era they are different stands.

Don’t be so stupid as to now want to stop. That is what FSG did in summer 2019