Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Weekend’s Other Games

You seem to be saying we should leave Anfield im totally against that and would never ever wish for a new stadium our ground is unique.

Spurs could overtake us you are right they did for a while but the real worry is City/Chelsea with the sugar daddies.

Obviously United spend loads too but they arent owned by a sugar daddy.

Football changes all the time in 2 years time we could have a Man City type owner you just never know money talks.

I dont make any excuses for FSG im not on their payroll and dont know them but be careful what you wish for.

Steveo has always wanted us to leave Anfield. thank fk the owners saw it differently
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    No those 3 European teams havent gone backwards but two are by far the biggest in their country.
    Juventus are being talked about as needing a "fire sale" by a couple of outlets but I've no idea as to how in/accurate that is. Will be interesting seeing their business this Summer.

Ive been reading some comments online about Howard Webb apparently hes just got married. and several people have mentioned how Fergie was his best man.. and he also paid for the wedding

Always knew she was a fella.. but I guess ‘‘twas probably better than Prince Andrew doing it - just imagine the kerfuffle.

A-thank-you.

You seem to be saying we should leave Anfield im totally against that and would never ever wish for a new stadium our ground is unique.

Spurs could overtake us you are right they did for a while but the real worry is City/Chelsea with the sugar daddies.

Football changes all the time in 2 years time we could have a Man City type owner you just never know money talks.

I dont make any excuses for FSG im not on their payroll and dont know them but be careful what you wish for.
    As it stands the Premier league is en route to becoming like the Bundesliga. If City get Kane,Haaland or Mbappe its a certainty. I don't see anyone touching them and even if they don't win it one season they'll win it the other 2.
    We won the league by having an unprecedented season and them having a nitemare one. We had a chance to build and solidify for atleast a spell whereas I personally feel that opportunity is now gone and like I've said a million times our success under this lot has always felt short-term and is down to Klopp and his wringing every last possible drop from this current squad.
    The premier league teams and maybe even others in Europe may regret not trying to do more in appealing City's blatant cheating. Maybe they couldn't have done more?

Where have I mentioned a preference for leaving Anfield?

To be clear - when you cite Arsenal ( pretty daft IMO ) as the proof that moving stadium leads to a downturn in fortune - I then provide evidence of multiple clubs who have moved and prospered. Arsenal were nowhere for decades before George Graham built them a world class defence. Wenger inherited that and built on it- had some great success - brought in new ideas which most clubs follow today. It got old and tired though and Arsenal held on to him for far too long. Their biggest problem has been a diluted ownership - somewhere we could end up if we aren't too careful .. this is well known by their fans almost all of whom love the Emirates.

Really not sure why you suggest my arguing against this or that Spurs have invested impressively in their stadium equates to me saying that we should have moved from Anfield..?? What I am saying is - please invest at a similar level - make good on the promise that you could bring the stadium into the 21st century and get enough passionate bums on seats. We are still waiting. 10 years and counting!

This is more than getting it wrong. This is lacking a genuine argument about one specific subject then changing it into something else entirely. In this case it feels to me like you are using an emotive subject ( Anfield ) to get others who can't comprehend anything beyond the super simplistic - to point their fingers and say - yea you wanted to sell the family silver

Quite funny really. You'll notice the old Fergie joke went clean over his head..
    Last edited by Steveo; 13th April 2021 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Steveo has always wanted us to leave Anfield. thank fk the owners saw it differently
    It seems that you don't just struggle with 'you're' and 'your' or 'as' and 'has' but also from totally misunderstanding what people are saying.

BTW have you ever been to Anfield?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It seems that you don't just struggle with 'you're' and 'your' or 'as' and 'has' but also from totally misunderstanding what people are saying.

BTW have you ever been to Anfield?
    have you?? you are a complete dick you care about yourself

The old Fergie joke wasnt aimed at me so why would I respond.

You stated sacred cow I took that us fans obsession with Anfield.

Ok moving to a new stadium is a risk is a better way of putting it Arsenal went downhill that is a fact.

Spurs might go the same way they might not none of us know but the pandemic has cost them a packet lost music gigs/NFL/boxing events ....id say its a nightmare for them as well and proof is if they are so flush why they took a bank loan of over £100m ?

As ive said Spurs Leicester Arsenal can do what they like if we want to win or challenge for the title they arent who we should be worried about.

As Tees says people can moan all they like about spending but if City carry in spending £100-200m net each summer then there isnt much we can do.