Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Weekend’s Other Games

Their big mistake was sacking Poch in my honest opinion. I’ve always held the belief that you shouldn’t sack someone unless you’ve got a better replacement. Chelsea had a better replacement for Lampard, we had a better replacement for Rogers, etc. That wasn’t the case in Spurs situation, especially after Jose’s stint at United. The man is toxic.

As I’ve said to people over the last few months when they’ve been questioning Klopp; who would you replace him with at the moment? Sometimes, it really is better the devil you know.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Their big mistake was sacking Poch in my honest opinion. I’ve always held the belief that you shouldn’t sack someone unless you’ve got a better replacement. Chelsea had a better replacement for Lampard, we had a better replacement for Rogers, etc. That wasn’t the case in Spurs situation, especially after Jose’s stint at United. The man is toxic.

As I’ve said to people over the last few months when they’ve been questioning Klopp; who would you replace him with at the moment? Sometimes, it really is better the devil you know.
    Agreed any Liverpool fan who wanted Klopp out is an idiot.

Just listening to the d-heads on Talk S*"t (Danny Kelly and Andy Brassell) talking about the recent alleged 'incident of racism' involving Cadiz. The so called 'European expert' Brassell says that you shouldn't jump to conclusions, but then does exactly that, effectively saying he thinks the other player is guilty (despite lip readers not having found any such evidence) and the investigation from the Spanish FA still being conducted. The player being accused of this racism has come out and robustly defended himself, and because he has done so whilst the supposed victim had said nothing, that was/is not only being used (namely by that **** Brassell) to imply he's guilty, but that it was abhorrent that he came out and said that he's treatment by the others such as the press was akin to a 'public lynching'.

We have now reached s point where people are deemed guilty until proved guilty. Not only that, but now you cannot say or do anything that someone may take offence with, you can no longer say anything which might have some connection (no matter how tenuous) to something or someone bad that has existed over the course of human history.

I knew this kind of thing was going to happen as a result of the number of derranged, woke, virtue signalling, privaledged, 'wack-jobs' that now infest the planet, but even I didn't think it would happen this soon. I may not have to endure this madness for too much longer given my health, but I really do feel for the more sensible among us, and especially those yet to be born, because I can see things getting even worse, with those who have a decent head on their shoulders getting swept away by a tsunami of madness.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Spurs are in a precarious position. Kane is sure to leave in the summer. They will get plenty of money for him but who would they get thats anywhere closeto being as good? Also who would they attract? If he leaves they are significantly less attractive than a couple of seasons ago.
    I don't think Kane will leave. He may well want to leave but I doubt any club will be willing to depart with the massive fee that Levy will demand

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    I don't think Kane will leave. He may well want to leave but I doubt any club will be willing to depart with the massive fee that Levy will demand
    Could see United going for it.

They'll be thinking "get 4 good years out of him, probably turns us from probables-to-certainties for Champion's League qualification for those years, appease fans, perhaps a genuine title challenge or two before he tails off" - they may just deem him worth it. They've dipped in and out of the Champion's League over the last 8 years and they'll want to re-certify themselves as a main-stay plus actually challenge for a Title.

There's an element of risk involved with his injuries but he guarantees goals and he'll win them a Hell of a lot of free-kicks and penalties. He's tailor-made for their situation - it's whether or not they can afford him and whether or not his goal/record-obsessed ego wants to break all the Spurs records or not.

If Kane stays as fit as any of our front 3 have managed in the last 2-3 seasons, then he puts them on 90 points next season. Fernandes will score a stupid number of FK's and Penalties.. and with Pogba ( if he stays ) they are outmuscling most sides. They are building a team of weapons again. You need 4 or 5.. we have only briefly had 4 ( Coutinho days )and relied on 3 for too long..They are never beaten that lot.

United will be working on Kane as we speak. But lets see what dilemma Levi presents them with - he's one super smooth operator..
    Last edited by Steveo; 12th April 2021 at 12:18 PM.

Theres no way Man-united get 90 points.. they always have bad results here and there..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

We went from 75 points in 2017/18 - to 97 points in 2018/19 after two key additions Alisson and Fabinho.

United are on 63 points right now with 7 games left......4 more wins puts them on 75 points, you's imagine they do at least that.

I think they could easily be 15 points better off with a fit Harry Kane next term. Obviously it's guesswork on my part but I see them winning many more games with him. Besides his obvious quality he gets a ton of decisions by virtue of being the main man for Engerlnd - put him in a United shirt and I don't want to think about it.

Your the same person that worried about Tottenham for years? they achieved diddly squat.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Yes and I still do - because I don’t have my head up my backside.

Don’t be to cocky about us - it will backfire on you. We are benefitting from Jurgen Klopp - imagine if he was at Spurs:

Spurs have the potential to rival Chelsea for the top club in London ...that is their aim and they have built the foundation for just that.

Seems 2 trophies is enough to send some folks into such a spin they cannot see too far ahead.