Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617

Thread: The Weekend’s Other Games

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    This place is a hoot at times..

Nobody has suggested swapping it.

Why the hell would we? But it would benefit hugely from improvements to at least 2 more stands and you as a regular should know this.
    I wasn’t referring to anything that you said mate. More, the general trend to dump tradition and move into shiny new stadiums. More a dig at the bitters if anything.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I wasn’t referring to anything that you said mate. More, the general trend to dump tradition and move into shiny new stadiums. More a dig at the bitters if anything.
    I know - again like with Noods I am kinda over compensating to try and make my point.

Anfield is a total one off...anyone who knows me would never accuse me of wanting to leave the ground. My own late mother used to teach at the school on Anfield road back in the 60’s - what a time to be there too.

We know that Anfield deserves to be up there with the biggest and best cause it has a history second to none and... I guess I am just greedy. I want us to have one of the biggest stadiums around - for the best club in the land. So many can’t get tickets - it’s a shame.. It’s Liverpool Football Club...

Yep it’s so tight when sitting down you have to stand at times - even though there are loads of teats who just stand for most of the game..

Both stands were built in the days of standing - Anfield road was re done in 92 but a shocking job. - to be fair FSG seem committed to rebuilding it - desperately needs it.
    If you can get a seat up top in the main stand anywhere between the 18 yard lines ,is a fantastic spec to watch the match.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    If you can get a seat up top in the main stand anywhere between the 18 yard lines ,is a fantastic spec to watch the match.
    Yes - have been mid tier ( dugout corporate crap -forgive me was only way I could get my son to the FA Cup game - Virgil’s debut v the BS ) closer to the Kop but still a superb view. It was a different league to any other seat I have had in the ground

Imagine another Main stand opposite after they get the Anfield Road end done.

What an arena...

I know - again like with Noods I am kinda over compensating to try and make my point.

Anfield is a total one off...anyone who knows me would never accuse me of wanting to leave the ground. My own late mother used to teach at the school on Anfield road back in the 60’s - what a time to be there too.

We know that Anfield deserves to be up there with the biggest and best cause it has a history second to none and... I guess I am just greedy. I want us to have one of the biggest stadiums around - for the best club in the land. So many can’t get tickets - it’s a shame.. It’s Liverpool Football Club...
    That’s amazing mate. My dad, was a match day bizzy in the 60s. The Anfield area was his beat. They probably new each other!

I totally get your passion. It’s a lot more than a football ground to a lot of us, and we do tend to get a bit defensive. I’ve had my fair share of rows with people over the years on the subject. At the end of the day, we all just want what’s best for the old girl.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

I agree pretty much with that Steveo, the new stand should b the benchmark for redevelopment of the whole ground. The Kop isn’t great, pretty cramped and the Kemlyn road is the same.
    Doubt we’ll do any more than the Annie road in my lifetime though.

Been in the corporate seats around halfway Ian, slightly toward the Annie rd, loads of room, great view and as I said earlier, noisy as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    That’s amazing mate. My dad, was a match day bizzy in the 60s. The Anfield area was his beat. They probably new each other!

I totally get your passion. It’s a lot more than a football ground to a lot of us, and we do tend to get a bit defensive. I’ve had my fair share of rows with people over the years on the subject. At the end of the day, we all just want what’s best for the old girl.
    Small world Southern - I bet your dad would have known many of the teachers. Long long time ago - Lillian Cox - She absolutely loved that school - especially the people. She never felt at home after moving down here to London.