Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Aston Villa (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Fucking hated Villas antics.. I actually shouted when Mings pretended to hurt his hand on the hoardings. I shouted what the fuck is wrong now
    Its shit and just one more reason a lot of us are gradually falling out of love with it. That kind of cynical shit to try and gain some form of advantage is now part and parcel. Same as players screaming like children when being tackled ( thats been highlighted more during the BCD games). Its just pure shithouse. Add it to the whitewash that City got over their blatant doping and there really is a lot to dislike about football and the way its going.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I thought we played really well, it was the end product that let us down, but everything else was good, good approach play, created loads of opportunities to score or to put one on a plate, we could have scored 5 or 6 first half
    All about the quality in the midfield

Seriously though - yes we created but think Villa were well below par too.

I thought we played really well, it was the end product that let us down, but everything else was good, good approach play, created loads of opportunities to score or to put one on a plate, we could have scored 5 or 6 first half
    I'm probably being overly critical based on the season and comparing it to last season.
    I agree the 1st half we looked good. I actually thought we were better in the 1st half then the 2nd even though we scored 2 in the 2nd.
    We look very loose in the middle and a lot of misplaced passes. The intensity wasn't there either but again, probably comparing to last season.

As Steveo said, last season or the one before that, going a goal down, you knew we’d be back in it and win. Today, I wasn’t hopeful at all based on 2021. Get the monkey off our back with not winning at Anfield. Let’s hope it salvaged our season

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    I'm probably being overly critical based on the season and comparing it to last season.
    I agree the 1st half we looked good. I actually thought we were better in the 1st half then the 2nd even though we scored 2 in the 2nd.
    We look very loose in the middle and a lot of misplaced passes. The intensity wasn't there either but again, probably comparing to last season.
    So many games just like that last season - but we had more belief we would come through with Virgil imperious and Alisson bailing us out as a last resort.

Look at how many single goal margin wins and late winners too.

Today’s game was like a carbon copy of many from 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Finally TAA does something positive in the game
    You need to lay off the weed if your short term memory is so shot you've already forgotten his brilliant assist for Jota v Arsenal
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Going to give credit to the two CBS today. They played well again together. Undone by the wing backs and the goalie at times, but fair play to them both

You need to lay off the weed if your short term memory is so shot you've already forgotten his brilliant assist for Jota v Arsenal
    I think he means that game alone. You're surely not suggesting he played well?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    So many games just like that last season - but we had more belief we would come through with Virgil imperious and Alisson bailing us out as a last resort.

Look at how many single goal margin wins and late winners too.

Today’s game was like a carbon copy of many from 19/20
    I know and I have said that myself. We had a lot of 1 nils last 2 years.
    Maybe it's all the doom and gloom lately that we all have to find some bit negativity 😊

maybe going forward if we keep trent, he comes central and shoots from now on as he has the power.

create from the RW position with a skilled dribbler like neto.

either move salad centre or re-think personnel.

mane has had his day here. DONE.