Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Real Madrid (Quarter-final, 2nd leg)

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Gini was awful today that's two in a row from him.
    Except for his driving the ball forward to create our goal v Real that leaves us still in it?

Our midfield is something of a conumdrum, most of them only produce their best when certain others are in midfield with them, Gini and Hendo when they're both in midfield for example

All our mids were shite first leg
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Midfield is shite full stop with Henderson being out it's even more clear to see

I mean comes to something when Milner is currently one of our best options

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Alisson
    Trent Philips Kabak Robertson
    Milner(c) Fabinho Gini
    Salah Firmino Jota

Have to have milner in there imo, have to defend the right side of defense and keep vincinius quite.
    Realistically 2 6s in fab and Gini, Milner rcm

...... fab .... gini
    Milner
    ...............Bobby Jota
    Salah

Harsh on Mane but he was gash v real in the first leg.
    Not too bothered about the front 3, I'd have Salah play 90 due to goals, Bobby to start for defensive work rate and one of Jota/Mane start with them 2.
    The other an option off the bench, Jota is a superb sub .

Ideally start defensive, grab a lead at some point and take it from there.
    Chasing goals as the game progresses milner off and Mane/Jota on.

It's a tall order, somehow, someway...
    No way Thiago doesn't start, we were so abysmal first leg because we didn't have a single mid who can pass the fucking ball and you're advocating more of the same, Jota was fucking shite in that game too, i'm actually tempted to go Mo Bobby Mane and hope Jurgen does
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Except for his driving the ball forward to create our goal v Real that leaves us still in it?

Our midfield is something of a conumdrum, most of them only produce their best when certain others are in midfield with them, Gini and Hendo when they're both in midfield for example

All our mids were shite first leg
    We all know Gini can be brilliant ,but its be in fits and starts lately, and as a midfielder it's really noticeable .

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Jota was fucking shite in that game too
    Jota can't do the "Firmino role" in the style that Bobby can and Bobby doesn't have the predatory instincts of Jota.

Very happy to have Jota coming in from the left though. Or (late game, if pushing) have a 4-2-3-1 with Firmino assisting in midfield behind Jota.

Difficult task no matter how we set up. I probably shouldn't have been surprised (they are quality players) but I really thought our midfield could use it's work-rate to dampen Kroos' and Modric's influence on the game and it absolutely didn't happen.

If we do go out, it will be Klopp’s 5th European campaign with us and he will have won one, beaten in two finals by Spanish teams and two quarter finals by Spanish teams.

There’s a pattern there to our demise in Europe under Jurgen but I just can’t put my finger on what it is ....

Midfield

we want rain ,🤣🤣🤣

Rain on Tuesday not Wednesday unfortunately